Page 32 of 754 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It isn't a lot, so you could always Pelosi it.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I'm an independent contractor on everything but paper. Pardon my tinfoil hatted greed but the government has no right to tell me what I can and can't do with my skills.
    I'm pretty sure the liberals in California know better than you do on what you can or can't do with your skills.

Just trust in them.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

It’s generally well known that Secretary of Defense James Mattis hates the “Mad Dog” nickname that U.S. Marines affectionately bestowed upon him during the Iraq War, but apparently that didn’t stop his boss from giving him an even crappier new moniker: “Moderate Dog.”

“What the fuck?” you might ask, spitting your Natty Light all over your laptop. What the fuck, indeed. Here’s the scoop, courtesy of DC gossip rag Politico (emphasis ours):

The problem for the White House extends beyond filling the top job at the Justice Department. Trump has for months been mulling the prospect of replacing Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who is now expected to be dismissed or to resign after the midterm elections, too. Once enamored of the retired Marine general and his nickname, “Mad Dog,” the president bragged to donors, “The guy never loses a battle, never loses.” But Trump has slowly come to realize that Mattis’ political views are more moderate than his sobriquet suggests, and the president has taken to referring to him behind closed doors as “Moderate Dog.”

Good old Moderate Dog Mattis.

EU to give internet firms 1 hour to remove extremist content

European authorities are planning to slap internet companies like Google, Twitter and Facebook with big fines if they don't take down extremist content within one hour.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said in a speech Wednesday that the Commission is proposing the new rules as part of efforts to step up the bloc's security.

He said that removing material within an hour is important because it's "the critical window in which the greatest damage is done."

The EU's executive body said "propaganda that prepares, incites or glorifies acts of terrorism" must be taken offline. Content would be flagged up by national authorities, who would issue removal orders to the internet companies hosting it. Those companies would be given one hour to delete it.

The proposal , which still needs approval from EU lawmakers and member states, would be a departure for the EU, which until now has allowed online companies to a take a voluntary approach to battling extremist content. The one-hour rule was among a series of recommendations the Commission made in March to fight the spread of extremist content online.

Under the proposal, internet companies would have to take measures, including installing automated systems, to prevent content from being re-uploaded after being removed the first time. Companies that fail to comply would face fines of up to 4 percent of their annual global turnover.

For Google, which owns YouTube, that could amount to as much as $4.4 billion, based on parent company Alphabet Inc.'s $110.9 billion in revenue for 2017.

"We share the European Commission's desire to react rapidly to terrorist content and keep violent extremism off our platforms," Google said. "We welcome the focus the Commission is bringing to this and we'll continue to engage closely with them, member states and law enforcement on this crucial issue."

Facebook said "there is no place for terrorism" on the social media platform.

"We've made significant strides finding and removing terrorist propaganda quickly and at scale, but we know we can do more," it said in a statement.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi...ntent-57768368

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Holy fuck.

Or maybe . . .

I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Last edited by drauz; 10-04-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post

I especially like the comparisons to MLK, a man who advocated peaceful protest even in the face of being physically attacked, whereas this piece of shit physically attacked someone who was exercising a peaceful protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I especially like the comparisons to MLK, a man who advocated peaceful protest even in the face of being physically attacked, whereas this piece of shit physically attacked someone who was exercising a peaceful protest.
    Today I learned that cwolff's real name is Jordan Hunt.

But what's the C for? Jordan C. Hunt, no doubt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I'm an independent contractor on everything but paper. Pardon my tinfoil hatted greed but the government has no right to tell me what I can and can't do with my skills.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984