Page 3 of 754 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    We are also on text game forum without real names. I could understand the excuse if these were all clumped together time wise, but these are like a year and a half+ of tweets. I'm sure some are trolling but I doubt it all is, and I still think she probably believes them. The whole say something offensive and gauge how its taken and if not taken well just say "just kidding".

I still stand by the fact that if she had said anything like this about black people and tried the just trolling thing, she would be crucified and would never get another reporting job ever. Wouldn't even be a question about it. She would have to move to Europe with their whole right to be forgotten internet laws.
    I don't buy her counter-trolling argument either. The screen shot she provided of someone calling her a racist name came from an anonymous non-verified account that had no likes or retweets and she uses that as an excuse to say awful things about an entire race of people.

Blog Entries

We are also on text game forum without real names.
    Like I said earlier, if you want to make the case that she should have known better, I'd be 100% there with you. I just don't think that when groups of people tweet racial slurs at you and you respond similarly, it necessarily means you're racist.

I could understand the excuse if these were all clumped together time wise, but these are like a year and a half+ of tweets.
    My dude have you SEEN the Respond to Reputation Comments thread?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Who is she?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Like I said earlier, if you want to make the case that she should have known better, I'd be 100% there with you. I just don't think that when groups of people tweet racial slurs at you and you respond similarly, it necessarily means you're racist.

Eh, agree to disagree.

Blog Entries

Yeah, just because people are tweeting racist shit to her doesn't mean she isn't racist when she tweets racist stuff back.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You know what's funny is that it was the upper right tweet about delighting in being cruel to old white men that convinced me this was a big ball of concern trolling. I'm positive I've seen someone say the exact same thing here and nobody takes it seriously.
    Do you think Roseanne would have gotten canceled if she instead said, "Oh man it's kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old black men"? Or any of those tweets but about black people?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Again I could have more understanding if she maybe @'d someone. Respond to comments are directed to someone. I don't see people getting a rep comment and then in a random thread not quoting anyone saying something racist.

Blog Entries

Again I could have more understanding if she maybe @'d someone. Respond to comments are directed to someone. I don't see people getting a rep comment and then in a random thread not quoting anyone saying something racist.
    I thought we agreed to disagree. My point was that people have carried drama like that on for years if not decades, I don't understand why you think her tweets need to be within a certain timeframe to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Do you think Roseanne would have gotten canceled if she instead said, "Oh man it's kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old black men"? Or any of those tweets but about black people?
    Hypothetical Roseanne lives in a different timeline so you'll have to let Hypothetical Taernath handle that one.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Hypothetical Roseanne lives in a different timeline so you'll have to let Hypothetical Taernath handle that one.
    I mean I'm literally just asking for your opinion.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I'm of the opinion that someone saying words doesn't necessarily make one a racist. I think actions speak louder than words.

However if the world we live in mandates a comedian can lose her job in a single day for making a joke comparing a black woman to a character from Planet of the Apes then I don't see how this person gets to keep her job. I know two entirely different companies made these decisions but let's be real, there is absolutely no way in hell the NYT would have kept a white woman on the payroll if she made even half of those comments in regards to black people.