Page 29 of 278 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post

You are far smarter than this.

Stalin, Mao, and the Nazi Party ALL used this phrase in various languages.

This was not accidental terminology, and you know that. You don't accidentally- repeatedly- echo dictators and totalitarians (remember that Trump's ex-wife claimed he kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bed). And if you somehow magically did, you'd stop as soon as the entire free world pointed out that you were literally borrowing a phrase from the world's most hated dictators.
    Dear god you're stupid.

There is no line. They've VERY well aware that what he's doing is un-American and anti-democratic. They've just come to the conclusion that democracy isn't going to get them the world they want because they're increasingly in the minority.

So they're absolutely fine with an authoritarian who is willing to "take on" the institutions they feel victimized by or are powerless over as long as they can convince themselves he's doing it "for them".

And that's how most authoritarians end up in power- democratically elected (approximately, in this case, anyway) before they proceed to dismantle every democratic system or norm that could possibly hold them accountable. And as long as that authoritarian keeps pointing to marginalized groups as the "enemy", it gives their followers the illusion of security.

These people are willing pawns in this game. They're very well aware of what they're doing- they just lack enough education to understand history and enough foresight to consider what this country looks like when these norms and institutions are broken.
    crying.jpg

I think you'll be better served by asking you why Trump hates the media so much. In fact- let's take a look at the institutions be despises and attacks the most viciously and frequently:

The FBI (and the rest of the DoJ)
    The Free Press (excluding any pro-Trump conservative outlets of course)
    Mueller and his team
    Congressional Democrats
    Jeff Sessions

What do all of these things have in common?

They have the power to hold him accountable. This isn't about who is or isn't being fair to Trump. This is about power.

How did people first find out about the Trump campaign's endless contacts with the Russian government? The FBI

How did American citizens first find out about the Trump campaign's suspicious contacts with the Russian government (including the Trump Tower incident, Michael Flynn's issues, etc)? The press (excluding the pro-Trump conservative outlets of course).

Who is responsible for giving Rosenstein the power to appoint a special prosecutor to investigation the Russia meddling in our campaign? Jeff Sessions.

Who is currently investigating Trump, his family, and his campaign? Mueller's team.

If midterms go badly, who has the power to start their own investigations with public hearings? Congressional Democrats.

A man who is under countless investigations, whose lies and incredibly suspicious behaviors have been repeatedly exposed by the Press, and whose political opponents are asking questions he doesn't want to answer suddenly decides that the press, Democrats, and the entirety of the Department of Justice are ALL corrupt and out to get him.

And you're taking him at his word over it. When did you all lose the ability to think for yourselves? The math here does *not* add up to "Literally everyone and everything that has any power over me is secretly corrupt and out to get me even though I appointed and oversee most of those things".

You know exactly what it adds up to, and it's time you started admitting it to yourselves at least.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-30-2018 at 06:43 PM.

4. Default

Congressional Democrats

I would also add Congressional Republicans that criticize him.

5. Default

Our President..

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Do you have any statistics you can show me that says BLM/Antifa are responsible for the deaths of dozens of officers over a periods of multiple years?

And yes, I'm more concerned with Trump's behavior, because he's the fucking POTUS with far reaching powers and influence. That you're okay with his behavior isn't surprising though.
    So an entire organization is calling for the killing of law enforcement officers.. and you believe that President Trump stating that fake news is the enemy of the people is more troubling.

I'm not surprised.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    horrific state of conditions = the biggest election win in 40 decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So an entire organization is calling for the killing of law enforcement officers.. and you believe that President Trump stating that fake news is the enemy of the people is more troubling.

I'm not surprised.
    Wait, you think antifa has more influence than the president of the united states??

Our President..

Dude, democratic underground?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Wait, you think antifa has more influence than the president of the united states??
    Re-read precisely what I said again. Take your time. Read every word.

If you require me to explain it to you, I will.. but if I keep explaining things to you, how do you ever expect to grow as a person?

Now, don't be lazy as usual.. really put forth an effort here.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    horrific state of conditions = the biggest election win in 40 decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I think you'll be better served by asking you why Trump hates the media so much. In fact- let's take a look at the institutions be despises and attacks the most viciously and frequently:

The FBI (and the rest of the DoJ)
    The Free Press (excluding any pro-Trump conservative outlets of course)
    Mueller and his team
    Congressional Democrats
    Jeff Sessions

What do all of these things have in common?

They have the power to hold him accountable. This isn't about who is or isn't being fair to Trump. This is about power.

How did people first find out about the Trump campaign's endless contacts with the Russian government? The FBI

How did American citizens first find out about the Trump campaign's suspicious contacts with the Russian government (including the Trump Tower incident, Michael Flynn's issues, etc)? The press (excluding the pro-Trump conservative outlets of course).

Who is responsible for giving Rosenstein the power to appoint a special prosecutor to investigation the Russia meddling in our campaign? Jeff Sessions.

Who is currently investigating Trump, his family, and his campaign? Mueller's team.

If midterms go badly, who has the power to start their own investigations with public hearings? Congressional Democrats.

A man who is under countless investigations, whose lies and incredibly suspicious behaviors have been repeatedly exposed by the Press, and whose political opponents are asking questions he doesn't want to answer suddenly decides that the press, Democrats, and the entirety of the Department of Justice are ALL corrupt and out to get him.

And you're taking him at his word over it. When did you all lose the ability to think for yourselves? The math here does *not* add up to "Literally everyone and everything that has any power over me is secretly corrupt and out to get me even though I appointed and oversee most of those things".

You know exactly what it adds up to, and it's time you started admitting it to yourselves at least.