Page 158 of 763 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 7625

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    No.

Late December of 2007, PB was being a complete asshole to another member of our forum, TheEschaton. He may have legitimately thought it was "bro" behavior and he was just engaging in some "locker room" talk.

I decided I'd had enough of PB being a complete asshole and found his soft spot: he's a mediocre husband and father, as evidenced by his video game addiction at the age of (at that time) late 30s/early 40s. I told him that if he didn't stop playing video games and start paying attention to his daughters, they'd have daddy issues and find their way to the strippers pole.

He lost his ever loving shit and has been angsty against me since then.

One time (3 or so years ago I bet) after that, when he was being a dick, I made a call back to my "your daughters will be strippers if you don't become a better father" comment and referenced his older daughter by name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Really? You're going with this excuse?

Again how do you know? Something tells me his wife and kids weren't telling you these things. And his daughter was a teenager doing her own thing? Well that certainly is a shocker! I'm sure when your kids are teenagers they won't want to hang out with their friends or play on their phones all the time.
    Yeah, this is totally creepy.

Blog Entries

I mean do you think PB is a nice guy? Honestly? Deep down?

Now imagine he's actively antagonizing a friend of yours who is depressed he can't find a job in a terrible economy.

PB is an an asshole and a bully.

I have a lot of regret in life.

Making him feel as shitty as he makes other people feel will never be one of them.
    PB has never said he was happy for people to die due to their beliefs. Or for any reason.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I mean do you think PB is a nice guy? Honestly? Deep down?

Now imagine he's actively antagonizing a friend of yours who is depressed he can't find a job in a terrible economy.

PB is an an asshole and a bully.

I have a lot of regret in life.

Making him feel as shitty as he makes other people feel will never be one of them.
    I guess if your goal is to be as shitty as PB is supposed to be, you're doing a bang-up job. Grats?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Again how do you know? Something tells me his wife and kids weren't telling you these things. And his daughter was a teenager doing her own thing? Well that certainly is a shocker! I'm sure when your kids are teenagers they won't want to hang out with their friends or play on their phones all the time.
    Seriously Sisyphus?

We played Gemstone together for years and then played the World of Warcraft together for years.

I eventually left his guild for a more sophisticated guild, but he was still on my friends list so I knew when he was on (and he was on nearly every time I was on).

You keep rolling that rock uphill in hopes that I find remorse in the asshole's misfortune, be it hurricanes or bullying.

You're going to be sadly unsatisfied.

Blog Entries

Seriously Sisyphus?

We played Gemstone together for years and then played the World of Warcraft together for years.

I eventually left his guild for a more sophisticated guild, but he was still on my friends list so I knew when he was on (and he was on nearly every time I was on).

You keep rolling that rock uphill in hopes that I find remorse in the asshole's misfortune, be it hurricanes or bullying.

You're going to be sadly unsatisfied.
    Here it is folks. Here is how he is. I disagree with democrats, but I still went out there with the Red Cross to help out, because I don't give a fuck what your political party is.

I can't imagine how shitty your kids are going to be, going by your example. I hope they enjoy 4 more years of Trump.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Here it is folks. Here is how he is. I disagree with democrats, but I still went out there with the Red Cross to help out, because I don't give a fuck what your political party is.

I can't imagine how shitty your kids are going to be, going by your example. I hope they enjoy 4 more years of Trump.
    I hate to burst your bubble, Gelston, but Trump is a professional boondoggle for me.

I am a white male living tax lawyer in a GOP district with kids in one of the best public schools in the nation.

The irony of the situation is people like me are the people benefiting from Trump. And I don't need any more benefit. My family is set.

But I appreciate your well wishes.

Oh, well, he was logged on. Surely he was ignoring his wife and kids.

Keen insight you have there. Almost as keen as your reasoning that it's totally cool that complete strangers are dying to natural disasters because they live in an area that typically votes the way you don't like.

I just can't even wrap my head around this. If you know someone specifically, like Charles Manson, and you're glad he dies then fine, I was glad when that fucker died too.

But complete strangers and your only reasoning for why you're glad they died is because the area they live in as a whole leans more to the right.

Hopefully you teach your children not to judge people by the color of their skin or their geographical location, but rather by the content of their character. Because that lesson seems to have passed you by.

I hate to burst your bubble, Gelston, but Trump is a professional boondoggle for me.

I am a white male living tax lawyer in a GOP district with kids in one of the best public schools in the nation.

The irony of the situation is people like me are the people benefiting from Trump. And I don't need any more benefit. My family is set.

But I appreciate your well wishes.
    Everyone is benefiting under Trump. Unemployment rate, including for blacks and Hispanics, is at an all time low. The stock market is up. Companies are investing in the US.

But you sound like Back, getting your news from MSNBC and CNN telling you that Trump is personally beating up black children in the streets and stealing their lunch money.

Also I think you meant "boon", "boondoggle" means you're wasting time or money.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-28-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Everyone is benefiting under Trump. Unemployment rate, including for blacks and Hispanics, is at an all time low. The stock market is up. Companies are investing in the US.

But you sound like Back, getting your news from MSNBC and CNN telling you that Trump is personally beating up black children in the streets and stealing their lunch money.

Also I think you meant "boon", "boondoggle" means you're wasting time or money.
    Heh. I remember time4dumb saying she would donate all her extra benefit from Trump to the ACLU. LOL.