Page 12 of 756 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Do you even know what a "false dilemma" fallacy is?

It's where someone sets up a question as if there is only two choices but there might be more choices. I literally just asked what you think about a government forcibly taking land from a minority population. That is simply asking for your input, I am not only giving you two possible answers. I'm glad you know the names of some fallacies, but at least try to use them properly next time. Thanks.
    Your question has only a black/white answer but it's a highly complicated issue and you also haven't referenced S. African history or present day circumstances. The wording of your question also has loaded implications. You use words like "forcibly" and "minority". No matter how you protest, yours is not an honest question.

My question to you is honest and it's open ended enough for you to clarify your answers. It's not a trap and there's no "gotcha".

What are you ideas to solve the land ownership problem in S. Africa? Have you any?

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The wording of your question also has loaded implications. You use words like "forcibly" and "minority". No matter how you protest, yours is not an honest question.
    Oh my mistake, am I using too many facts for you to be able to engage in an honest discussion?

You might have a point if the South African government were targeting ALL farm owners, regardless of race. Then the whites just happen to get caught up in the mix. But no, they are specifically targeting whites, which are the minority population. Therefore my use of the word "minority" is spot on. Just because you can't argue against facts doesn't mean my question is asked in bad faith.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-23-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Your question has only a black/white answer but it's a highly complicated issue and you also haven't referenced S. African history or present day circumstances. The wording of your question also has loaded implications. You use words like "forcibly" and "minority". No matter how you protest, yours is not an honest question.

My question to you is honest and it's open ended enough for you to clarify your answers. It's not a trap and there's no "gotcha".

What are you ideas to solve the land ownership problem in S. Africa? Have you any?
    Dreaven's two main attacks on here are a. arguing in bad faith and b. structuring 'gotcha' questions.

I honestly don't know you bother engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Dreaven's two main attacks on here are a. arguing in bad faith and b. structuring 'gotcha' questions.

A third person defending the South African government. My mistake, cwolff. There are more racists on this board than I realize, and it's not the usual Androidpk/time4fun combo.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post

Ya, you're right. I won't engage him anymore.

Ya, you're right. I won't engage him anymore.
    Good thing peam came along and gave you an easy out on this one, Hitler Jr

7. Default

President Trump’s lawyer said Thursday that US citizens would stage a revolution against their own government if the commander-in-chief were to be impeached.

“You could only impeach him for political reasons and the American people would revolt against that,” Rudy Giuliani told Sky News while in the UK for a golf outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    President Trump’s lawyer said Thursday that US citizens would stage a revolution against their own government if the commander-in-chief were to be impeached.

“You could only impeach him for political reasons and the American people would revolt against that,” Rudy Giuliani told Sky News while in the UK for a golf outing.
    They're a little desperate. Throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. Rudy talking revolt and trump talking economic catastrophe.

They're a little desperate. Throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. Rudy talking revolt and trump talking economic catastrophe.
    US government subjugates the black population in the form of slavery:
    Tgo01: This is bad and should never have happened.
    cwolff: This is bad and should never have happened.

US government subjugates the Native American population by forcing them on reservations.
    Tgo01: This is bad and should never have happened.

US government subjugates the black population via Jim Crow laws.
    Tgo01: This is bad and should have never happened.

US government subjugates the Japanese American population by placing them in concentration camps.

German government subjugates the Jewish population by placing them in concentration camps and murdering them.
    cwolff: This is bad and should have never happened.

South African government subjugates the black population via apartheid.
    Tgo01: This is bad and should have never happened:
    cwolff: This is bad and should have never happened.

South African government subjugates the white population via land seizures.
    Tgo01: This is bad and shouldn't happen.
    cwolff: Well...it's complicated...

White Guilt is the new "in" thing that all the sheep are doing.

Just look at the hipster Backlash's signature.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.