Page 35 of 756 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135535 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Straws are also illegal in Cali. Seems to me like someone got bad service at a restaurant and just wants to kill the industry. Next thing you know, meat cannot be served on a plate for cash.
    The straw ban is one of the dumbest things ever. The US already has strict laws and regulations about dumping waste and people are generally good about not littering and throwing shit into the ocean. The US is responsible for very little garbage in the oceans and a very tiny fraction of that is straws.

The main culprits of ocean waste are China, India, and the country of Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The main culprits of ocean waste are China, India, and the country of Africa.
    WOW RACIST MUCH OMG OMG OMG
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

California is full of stupid. They also have a law requiring a female be on the board of companies.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    WOW RACIST MUCH OMG OMG OMG
    I don't think everyone in Africa pollutes our oceans. Just the black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    California is full of stupid. They also have a law requiring a female be on the board of companies.
    We have now gone from "No one should be discriminated against because of their gender" to "Discriminate against men at all costs!"

I just hope a company only has one woman on their board and it's a man who identifies as a woman. I wonder how fast they'll update that law.

5. Default

since this has gone half sexist, half racist... Fuck any man that needs a damn straw anyways, drink out of the damn cup. Pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    What if the board consists of nothing but males who identify as females?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

If they aren't wearing dresses they are simply men who want to take advantage of gender politics. Clearly. The dress makes the difference.

8. Default

Edit to add:

My endorsement of Dustin Hoffman does not constitute an agreement with California's woman on every board law, which is a stupid law. But the fact that it needed to exist in the first place does point out that there's an issue to be addressed. In theory, an average of 50% of board members should be female. If the actual number is low enough to warrant something putting a stupid law into place, there's something the matter.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 10-10-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    If the actual number is low enough to warrant something putting a stupid law into place, there's something the matter.
    It's not discriminatory for a man to hold more physically demanding and less paying jobs in bulk but when it comes to men in the boardrooms in bulk that's clearly an issue? Is that what you're advocating?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's not discriminatory for a man to hold more physically demanding and less paying jobs in bulk but when it comes to men in the boardrooms in bulk that's clearly an issue? Is that what you're advocating?
    No. I'm advocating exactly the words I said.

But if that's the argument you're trying to make, then I would argue that in the case of a board member, in at least most boards I've had experience with...physical labor does not seem to be a large part of the job. Most of the pursuits involved are mental, and unless you're claiming that females have less mental capacity than males, then it's really not the same thing, now is it?