Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2393

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I think rule changes only require a simple majority, which was how Reid was able to change the rules for federal judge nominees when the Democrats didn't have a super majority and how McConnell was able to change the rules for supreme court nominees.
    Then why wouldn't the Republicans have changed it? IF that is all it takes, why would it ever not be simple majority?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

There is always the Nuclear Option, anyways, which doesn't care about Senate rules and only requires 51 to close a debate.

Of note, it takes 67 to amend a senate rule. So a 51/49 house split even on party lines will never change the rules.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-06-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Then why wouldn't the Republicans have changed it? IF that is all it takes, why would it ever not be simple majority?
    Because both sides realized they wouldn't be in power forever so they didn't want to be the ones to change the rules only to hand off that power to the next party when they are back in charge.

This is exactly what Republicans warned Reid about when he changed the rules for federal judges then just a few years later McConnell changed the rules and was able to put both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the supreme court without a single Democrat vote.

At this point I think it's just a matter of time until the senate does away with all filibuster rules and goes to a simple majority. Republicans don't want to be the ones who do it but I don't see the current crop of Democrats giving a single shit if they are the ones who do it.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-06-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Who's next? Mr. Rogers?
    Last edited by Methais; 09-07-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Bernie Sanders promotes his latest surrogate Linda Sarsour, the woman hating, Islam extremist, anti-semitic hatemonger herself.

Good job, Bernie!

Burger King Takes "Ham" Out Of Hamburger Because... Muslims

If you're hungry, here's a double scoop of idiocy wrapped up in a moron sandwich.

Pluralist.com reports:

The practice will affect three items offered by the restaurant chain, the company said in a statement to Business Insider.

The “Double Spicy Hamburger” will now be known simply as the “Double Spicy Burger.” The “Triple Hamburger with Cheese” is now the “Triple Burger with Cheese.”

Meanwhile, the “Hamburger King Jr” will now be known as the “Kids Burger.”

Burger King made the change in order “to be more respectful of” customers seeking halal items, according to the statement.

Halal, a word meaning “lawful or permitted” in Arabic, is the dietary standard prescribed in the Quran. The Quran forbids Muslims from eating pork.

In September, Burger King introduced bacon into its South African restaurants for the first time, Insider reported. Previously, all of its stores in South Africa had been fully halal.

Since the company added bacon to its menu, 44 South African locations are no longer halal certified.

However, a non-profit organization has certified Burger King’s remaining halal outlets as being in compliance with Shari’ah law.

As noted by Insider’s Phillip de Wet, the word “ham” in hamburger has nothing to do with pork. Rather, “ham” is a reference to Hamburg, Germany, where the sandwich allegedly originated.

Apparently business competition in 2019 means trying to outstupid each other, even in South Africa.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Burger King Takes "Ham" Out Of Hamburger Because... Muslims

Apparently business competition in 2019 means trying to outstupid each other, even in South Africa.
    I find the word 'ham' offensive.

Remember when society as a whole would laugh at those people and tell them to grow a back bone? Now they bend over backwards trying to appease them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I find the word 'ham' offensive.

Remember when society as a whole would laugh at those people and tell them to grow a back bone? Now they bend over backwards trying to appease them.
    Using this logic, if you just change the name of a pulled pork sandwich to just a pulled sandwich, it should be ok for muslims to eat. Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!38479

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Using this logic, if you just change the name of a pulled pork sandwich to just a pulled sandwich, it should be ok for muslims to eat. Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!38479
    Racist.

Feminist Says Viral Video Showing Two Toddlers Hugging Is ‘Racist’

Is there a group of people on the planet that are more insufferable than these third wave feminist cunts?

You know time4fun and BacKKKlash read that tweet and were like