Page 390 of 390 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390
Results 3,891 to 3,893 of 3893

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez said it’s “a major priority” for the city to be able to pay government employees in Bitcoin. “I want us to differentiate ourselves as a crypto capital of the United States or of the world,” Suarez said Tuesday in an interview with Bloomberg Technology’s Emily Chang.

Miami will issue a request for proposal this month to help create that payment mechanism, and to let city residents pay fees -- and potentially even taxes -- in Bitcoin.

More...
    Dumb. Every time you spend a Bitcoin, you have to report it on your tax return. It would be a bookkeeping nightmare to use Bitcoins for everyday expenses.

I don't understand the craze with Bitcoin. It's literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I don't understand the craze with Bitcoin. It's literally nothing.
    So is the US dollar. What's your point?

While you're busy not understanding crypto, people who do are getting rich off it.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-14-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Well this happened.

Chicago museum fires all of it's mostly White female, financially well-off docents for lack of diversity

tl;dr: A bunch of volunteers (yes read that again, volunteers) at The Art Institute of Chicago were fired because they weren't diverse enough. These bunch of white women had the audacity to volunteer their time for the museum, which apparently required so much time to be a volunteer that many of them said it was basically a full time job to do the museum the favor of working for free.

Darn white women and their....volunteering of their own free time to educate people at a museum.