Page 238 of 756 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 7558

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Um, yes it is. Any money not used is supposed to be returned.
    Since when? If someone gives you a bid of 10k to fix up your house and you agree to it in a contract then it turns out someone else would have done the same for 8k the person who bid 10k is not obligated to return any money and it isn’t illegal or fraud. In this case the only thing the company did wrong was bribe someone to influence the decision to give the award to his company.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    So a company bribing their way to a contract then overbidding doesn't scream 'fraud' to you?

This is a weird hill to die on.
    The bribe is clearly the crime here, not overbidding. The only way this would be fraud is if in the contract they said they would use the more expensive Widget A but instead used the cheaper Widget Z and pocketed the rest. In fact that would be a perfect example of skimming off the top.

Even if this was a case of skimming off the top, which from everything I have read it doesn't sound like it is, it still isn't the entire 1.8 billion dollars that was skimmed like Alfster said in his first post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Since when? If someone gives you a bid of 10k to fix up your house and you agree to it in a contract then it turns out someone else would have done the same for 8k the person who bid 10k is not obligated to return any money and it isn’t illegal or fraud. In this case the only thing the company did wrong was bribe someone to influence the decision to give the award to his company.
    Since that is how Government contracts work. They pay at the end for work done and costs incurred, not upfront. Money was skimmed here.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

The person accepting the bribe is committing the fraud, that is literally what they are being bribed to do.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

No, I am not Drauz in game.

Since that is how Government contracts work. They pay at the end for work done and costs incurred, not upfront. Money was skimmed here.
    Does the government decide what the labor costs are too then? Because that's how I thought it worked; companies try their best to factor in labor and material costs to get a lower bid while not shorting themselves on labor or giving themselves too much in labor to price themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Wait that's an actual quote? When I read that quote before I thought it was just someone being a smart ass. But someone really is angry that Pennywise isn't an "ally" to the gay cause?

What's even the problem? The clown eats a gay couple or something? So people want more gay representation in movies but they can't be the victims of a murderous clown? Isn't THAT anti-gay?

What's even the problem? The clown eats a gay couple or something? So people want more gay representation in movies but they can't be the victims of a murderous clown? Isn't THAT anti-gay?
    Pennywise killed 2 gay dudes in the beginning, in a significantly less brutal fashion than what he did to them in the book. Also, said book apparently described the 2 gay dudes as all around good people.

But hey it's ok to kill kids (unless they're gay of course), just don't kill any gay people because that's how equality in 2019 works.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-12-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Does the government decide what the labor costs are too then? Because that's how I thought it worked; companies try their best to factor in labor and material costs to get a lower bid while not shorting themselves on labor or giving themselves too much in labor to price themselves out.
    It actually does, yes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

It actually does, yes.
    Well then that's weird, why is there even a bidding process if the government just tells people what they can charge?