Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban TikTok?

Question Ban TikTok?

The push on Capitol Hill to rein in China-owned social media network TikTok has set its sights on tech giants Apple and Google.

Sen. Michael Bennet, D-CO, sent a letter to Apple CEO Tim Cook and Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Thursday calling on their companies to remove TikTok from their respective app stores, citing concerns about how TikTok handles the data of American users.

"Like most social media networks, TikTok collects vast and sophisticated data from its users," Bennet said. "Unlike most social media networks, TikTok poses a unique concern."

"TikTok's vast influence and aggressive data collection pose a specific threat to U.S. national security because of its parent company's obligations under Chinese law," Bennet added.

More...

I'm not buying it. Who cares if Xi Jinping knows what videos you watch on TikTok? It's hardly more intrusive than the data collection by U.S. companies.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

I mean I can't deny the net negative effect of social media on humanity but how do you ban one and not every other one

So go read the terms of service of most apps. Read all of it. You are giving them permission to listen, watch, copy and steal everything within reach of your phone. It's not just about what you watch and if you think it is, you are simply moronic.

As to the favoritism, well, one is directly connected and owned by the CCP and the others have at least a veneer of credibility to them.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

just ban stupid people, it's much more broad and will achieve the same goal.

i do wonder how much server space it set aside for watching people sit in a stall somewhere using a bathroom.

Ban TikTok, because it’s TikTok.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So go read the terms of service of most apps. Read all of it. You are giving them permission to listen, watch, copy and steal everything within reach of your phone. It's not just about what you watch and if you think it is, you are simply moronic.

As to the favoritism, well, one is directly connected and owned by the CCP and the others have at least a veneer of credibility to them.
    The real reason why TikTok is being banned is because TikTok is a very successful social media company and it's destroying Facebook/Twitter/Google offerings and really making a huge dent in the overall ad sales.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The real reason why TikTok is being banned is because TikTok is a very successful social media company and it's destroying Facebook/Twitter/Google offerings and really making a huge dent in the overall ad sales.
    And?

Google and Facebook are both on the chopping block for Monopoly, anti-trust and Discrimination lawsuits and legislation. Since the EU smacked them, you can bet others smell blood in the water.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    And?

Google and Facebook are both on the chopping block for Monopoly, anti-trust and Discrimination lawsuits and legislation. Since the EU smacked them, you can bet others smell blood in the water.
    And.. I'm saying it has less to do with "Chinese spying" and more to do with money. Social media companies in this country spend MILLIONS of dollars on lobbying efforts and that money buys influence over politicians. Who do you believe is the beneficiary of the US banning TikTok?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Both sides of the aisle are almost unanimously against Tiktok. I think that is something to look at.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam