Page 236 of 763 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 7625

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That is what you said.

It is not what I said, though.

Wouldn't you rather talk about that Puerto Rico grift?
    Why do you hate America?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Why do you hate America?
    Because slavery. #ResistWhiteSupremacy #BackisaPedophile #Blacklivesmatter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Why do you hate America?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They meant South America.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    All that mismanaged money in Puerto Rico that Trump's been screaming about...turns out it was his own officials skimming off 1+ billion.
    That’s not what happened at all. Officials can’t just “skim” a billion dollars.

Even if it was what happened, more than one instance of fraud and waste can happen at once.

Lastly she has been there since at least the Obama days.

So taking bribes to secure a 1.8 billion dollar contract, then not providing said services from the contact is, in your own opinion, not skimming? Lol.

Who cares who hired who. Trump's been screaming about all the mismanaged money in PR, and it's his own retarded administrstion.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

So taking bribes to secure a 1.8 billion dollar contract, then not providing said services from the contact is, in your own opinion, not skimming? Lol.
    No, taking bribes to influence the selection process to award contracts to the person bribing you is not “skimming” money off the top. If the work wasn’t done then I imagine they don’t get paid or they will be sued to get the money back. I know the government is incompetent but I don’t think they’re quite that bad where they give out ~2 billion dollars upfront and then shrug their shoulders if the work isn’t done.

Who cares who hired who. Trump's been screaming about all the mismanaged money in PR, and it's his own retarded administrstion.
    You made it sound like Trump hired this person. Also I really don’t think you understand what is happening here. She was accepting bribes to award contracts to the company who bribed her, that money was going to be awarded anyways, she just influenced who was awarded those contracts.

Before you start: yes it’s still illegal to accept bribes and she should go to jail if the allegations are true, but you’re acting like she was responsible for 2 billion dollars disappearing. You really should stop reading the New York Times.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-12-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Before you start: yes it’s still illegal to accept bribes and she should go to jail if the allegations are true, but you’re acting like she was responsible for 2 billion dollars disappearing. You really should stop reading the New York Times.
    The Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general found that when Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority entered into a 12-month contract with Cobra, FEMA was “unsound” in its evaluation of the company’s eligibility, and the “reasonableness” of the costs estimated for the work were inaccurate, according to a report released in July. FEMA’s analysis of Cobra’s labor rates, equipment costs and fees “were not always logical, complete, and supported,” the report said. The firm at one point had roughly 600 people working on the island.
    Definitely sounds like there was some skimming going on.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

9. Default

Are people still virtue signaling/pretending they care about Puerto Rico?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Are people still virtue signaling/pretending they care about Puerto Rico?
    There are a lot of hot women in Puerto Rico. I care about it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam