Page 257 of 754 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 7537

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Turkey is our ally too, an actual sovereign nation, why do people always forget about this part when discussing this?
    And? This feels like half an argument.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

The house passed a resolution condemning Trump’s Syria pullout. The same party that was marching in the streets over “Bush’s” wars. Doesn’t congress declare war? Can’t they just vote for war so Trump has to send the troops back? Or are meaningless virtue signaling resolutions the only thing Democrats know how to do anymore?
    It passed 364 - 60. Trump found a way to get bi-partison support for something.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    There's this thing called diplomacy, where you talk with the pertinent parties and figure out a solution. You don't just get on the phone with the guy who wants to bomb your allies and say "oh ok, knock yourself out." You do the hard work of figuring out a solution that doesn't include slaughtering our allies.
    Turkey has been planning this for months now, not to mention Turkey has considered the Kurds to be terrorists for years, it wasn't just a random phone call.

This is why you should turn off CNN once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    And? This feels like half an argument.
    If the argument is "But the Kurds are our allies! We should help them!" then what about Turkey being our allies too? If someone wants to make the argument that Kurds are our better allies or something then make that argument, but simply saying "We need to help our allies" doesn't work in this scenario because both sides are our allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    It passed 364 - 60. Trump found a way to get bi-partison support for something.
    Yeah but once again the Republicans are supposedly the war mongers of the nation, of course they want to keep troops in the Middle East forever. What are the Democrats' excuse?

Blog Entries

If the argument is "But the Kurds are our allies! We should help them!" then what about Turkey being our allies too? If someone wants to make the argument that Kurds are our better allies or something then make that argument, but simply saying "We need to help our allies" doesn't work in this scenario because both sides are our allies.
    So, since they asked we should just let Turkey slaughter our other allies because Turkey is also our ally?

So, since they asked we should just let Turkey slaughter our other allies because Turkey is also our ally?
    I just want someone to explain to me what the end goal was for us in regards to the Kurds in Syria. I'm not necessarily saying Trump made the right move, but depending on what the alternatives were that people are pushing for he very well may have. But it seems like the only arguments being made is: The Kurds are our allies therefore we should have stayed.

This would be a totally different scenario if the Kurds were an allied sovereign nation being invaded by Turkey, but they aren't. Syria is the sovereign nation in question here and they apparently are mobilizing to meet the Turkey invasion.

Blog Entries

I just want someone to explain to me what the end goal was for us in regards to the Kurds in Syria. I'm not necessarily saying Trump made the right move, but depending on what the alternatives were that people are pushing for he very well may have. But it seems like the only arguments being made is: The Kurds are our allies therefore we should have stayed.

This would be a totally different scenario if the Kurds were an allied sovereign nation being invaded by Turkey, but they aren't. Syria is the sovereign nation in question here and they apparently are mobilizing to meet the Turkey invasion.
    I don't think we should be pulling out personally. I would have liked for us to not have gotten involved in the Middle East for a prolonged engagement, but we are. I think things are going to get much worse, for us, if we fully pull out of the region.

Turkey just feels like its one step away from screaming death to America.

9. Default

Turkey just feels like its one step away from screaming death to America.
    Based on what? A sincere question, I’m current with news and consider myself fairly well educated... why would you think Turkey is a step away from being Iran? I haven’t seen news indicating that, but I could have missed it, before this last week.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

I don't think we should be pulling out personally. I would have liked for us to not have gotten involved in the Middle East for a prolonged engagement, but we are.
    But what do you think our end goal should have been with the Kurds in Syria? We help them build their own nation state on the border with Turkey? We keep troops there until Turkey decides they no longer consider the Kurds to be terrorists?