Page 172 of 756 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 7556

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Ok. How about non-hypothetical situations and let's talk reality.

What have you specifically done in order to help people that are here illegally?

And yes, I realize this is the Internet and you can basically come up with some bullshit... but I'm expecting more of this:

Everything my state, local, and federal tax dollars are all I am going to disclose because its without a doubt a verifiable statement.

Unfortunately I also helped pay for your and Methais and every other misguided asshole's public education and I can't get my money back for that but oh well. You're welcome I guess.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The one who speaks English says to you, "Hello sir. We come from Mexico[/b][/color] (or Honduras or some other place south of Mexico). We did not cross the border legally, but we need a place to stay. Will you please help us by letting us move in with you and live here?"
    I have no idea of what's being discussed right now (I haven't read the previous 15 pages or so), but isn't that how migrant workers...work? It seems like that happens with some kind of regularity, from the farms I've worked on and grown up around. There was always at least one worker or family on each farm that was an illegal immigrant, doing farm work for rides to and from the grocery store, room, board, and pay. The one who lived on the farm I worked on was from Bangladesh, not Mexico, but same idea. He lived in a trailer on the farm and sent all his cash back to his family in Bangladesh, who no doubt lived like royalty on it. Great worker, nice guy. Would recommend.

Also, the situation you're describing, where a family shows up at the door and starts asking for a place to stay is not one I'm familiar with unless it's as above, looking for work, and that's in an industry where that's the norm. I've housed a family briefly, or really, just allowed them to share my apartment for a few months, and it's not like they just showed up at the door. I knew the man through work. That's generally how I've met most undocumented people I've known. They work in warehouses and on farms and such in areas where people have trouble filling jobs like that. He had some sports passport to internationally bike to some destination in the US from French Guyana in the 90s, and just stayed. His wife was Mexican I believe. Anyway, all illegal (although I guess the kids weren't, having been born in the US).

He should've followed the naturalization process, yeah. His wife should have as well. But they were good people on the whole so it wasn't really a problem for me. They had kids, and those kids deserved the opportunity to not live on the street. The guy was kind of a prick, but a good guy overall. If he'd been a citizen with a health plan or whatever he would've probably been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or one of those other mood swing diseases. I dunno. I'm not a doctor. He was kind of a douche sometimes is what I'm getting at. The family on the whole were good people though. They paid what they could while they got back on their feet and were thankful for what was done for them. The fact that they were undocumented didn't factor into any of the decision-making, and I'd have done everything the same if I had it all to do over again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Everything my state, local, and federal tax dollars are all I am going to disclose because its without a doubt a verifiable statement.

Unfortunately I also helped pay for your and Methais and every other misguided asshole's public education and I can't get my money back for that but oh well. You're welcome I guess.
    Unless you live in the same state and even then, city as PB or Methais, almost 0% of your tax dollars paid for shit of their education. I imagine PB is older than you too, so he was likely done with school well before you were paying shit in the first place.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

LOL! That was far better than I thought it would be.

So to recap:

"Hey Backlash.. what specifically are you doing to help the illegal aliens in your neighborhood?"

"I'm paying my taxes!"

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Come on in.

I get what you are trying to ague here and I stand by everything I've said. We are America. We help people who help themselves, not throw them in cages for fleeing oppression. We lead the world in wealth and human rights. We defeated the Nazis and ended slavery. We lead the world and we do that by bringing people up not holding them down.
    Awesome. I'll be referring every illegal I might happen to run to your house and let them know that's where the free room and board is. Is that cool with you?
    Last edited by Methais; 06-17-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I have no idea of what's being discussed right now (I haven't read the previous 15 pages or so), but isn't that how migrant workers...work? It seems like that happens with some kind of regularity, from the farms I've worked on and grown up around. There was always at least one worker or family on each farm that was an illegal immigrant, doing farm work for rides to and from the grocery store, room, board, and pay. The one who lived on the farm I worked on was from Bangladesh, not Mexico, but same idea. He lived in a trailer on the farm and sent all his cash back to his family in Bangladesh, who no doubt lived like royalty on it. Great worker, nice guy. Would recommend.

Also, the situation you're describing, where a family shows up at the door and starts asking for a place to stay is not one I'm familiar with unless it's as above, looking for work, and that's in an industry where that's the norm. I've housed a family briefly, or really, just allowed them to share my apartment for a few months, and it's not like they just showed up at the door. I knew the man through work. That's generally how I've met most undocumented people I've known. They work in warehouses and on farms and such in areas where people have trouble filling jobs like that. He had some sports passport to internationally bike to some destination in the US from French Guyana in the 90s, and just stayed. His wife was Mexican I believe. Anyway, all illegal (although I guess the kids weren't, having been born in the US).

He should've followed the naturalization process, yeah. His wife should have as well. But they were good people on the whole so it wasn't really a problem for me. They had kids, and those kids deserved the opportunity to not live on the street. The guy was kind of a prick, but a good guy overall. If he'd been a citizen with a health plan or whatever he would've probably been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or one of those other mood swing diseases. I dunno. I'm not a doctor. He was kind of a douche sometimes is what I'm getting at. The family on the whole were good people though. They paid what they could while they got back on their feet and were thankful for what was done for them. The fact that they were undocumented didn't factor into any of the decision-making, and I'd have done everything the same if I had it all to do over again.
    Let's get to the main issue here:

I have no idea of what's being discussed right now
    Let's start there.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Unless you live in the same state and even then, city as PB or Methais, almost 0% of your tax dollars paid for shit of their education. I imagine PB is older than you too, so he was likely done with school well before you were paying shit in the first place.
    Let's not confuse him with facts.

Just remember: Backlash is doing his part to help the plight of the illegal aliens by paying taxes!

Backlash is also volunteering to help these great causes:

Welfare
    Unemployment
    Defense
    Public Education
    Healthcare
    Veteran care
    Infrastructure
    Paying interest on debt
    Social Security
    Foreign Aid
    Funding NASA
    National Parks

Maybe instead of making fun of Backlash, we should be celebrating his selfless contributions!

Great job Backlash! You make us proud!

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Let's not confuse him with facts.

Just remember: Backlash is doing his part to help the plight of the illegal aliens by paying taxes!

Backlash is also volunteering to help these great causes:

Welfare
    Unemployment
    Defense
    Public Education
    Healthcare
    Veteran care
    Infrastructure
    Paying interest on debt
    Social Security
    Foreign Aid
    Funding NASA
    National Parks

Maybe instead of making fun of Backlash, we should be celebrating his selfless contributions!

Great job Backlash! You make us proud!

Thanks Backlash you're the best!

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Hey wait a minute, Back's tax money also goes toward funding ICE.

Back you fucking xenophobic bigot how could you!??!!?!?!?