Page 248 of 754 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 7537

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I guess if you guys don't understand why abandoning military allies is fundamentally wrong, there isn't much discussion to be had.
    We aren't arguing fundamentals. What action would you like to see here, right now? Turkey is an ally by treaty and charter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm confused too. Were we supposed to help the Kurds build an empire in Syria on the border with Turkey? Were we going to build a base there and station troops there forever like we did in South Korea and Japan?

Maybe Trump could have given our Kurdish allies more of a heads up, but it's not like Turkey hasn't been threatening to invade for months now.

Again I ask what about the international community? Where is the UN? UK? Germany? France? Anyone? Is it always up to the US to build up nations and as soon as shit goes south it's all the US' fault? Why aren't more countries doing more to stand up to Turkey instead of giving out dumb statements that amount to jack shit?
    Because free European healthcare comes at the cost of US blood and treasure.

Remember the good'ol days when you got to tax countries for defending their shipping lanes?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

3. Default

We'll see what happens, but this was Trump on Monday:

US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would devastate Turkey's economy if Ankara's operation in northeast Syria wipes out the Kurdish population there.

Asked by a reporter if he was concerned Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan will wipe out the Kurds, Trump replied: "I will wipe out his economy if that happens."

Of course this was the Donald in 2015:

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump boasted in response. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well. They’re amazing people, they’re incredible people. They have a strong leader.”

His response probably hinges on how much adderall he snorts over the next couple of days. Or whether he's sundowning or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I guess if you guys don't understand why abandoning military allies is fundamentally wrong, there isn't much discussion to be had.
    Like I said though what was the end goal? I thought they were mostly our allies because they happened to hate ISIS as much as we did. ISIS now controls less land than I do, so what now? Do we help the Kurds build an unofficial empire in Syria on the border with Turkey and expect our other ally, Turkey, to just be fine with this?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-10-2019 at 01:21 AM.

5. Default

They were mainly our allies because of Iraq and the Halabja gassing in 1988. They’ve fought side by side with us for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by gemstonefella View Post
    They were mainly our allies because of Iraq and the Halabja gassing in 1988. They’ve fought side by side with us for decades.
    I'm talking about Kurds in Syria.

7. Default

Yes but the alliance started before that. Way before that really, but in modern times the Iraq war was where they started fighting side by side with us. Remember the Turks refused to let us enter Iraq from turkey. Some friends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    Is it now Turkey, a founding UN member, NATO member as well, that we should reprimand, sanction, and war against?
    Yes, at least until Erdrogan is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

9. Default

Iran and Cuba are founding members also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And China promptly removed any mention of South Park in their country. South Park creators didn't care though, but I wonder if Comedy Central will make them apologize. I don't think South Park is as big of a market in China as the NBA is though.
    They would either tell Comedy Central to shove it up their ass, or they'd make a completely sarcastic non-apology apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Blizzards getting hammered too on this
    Good, they suck anus too.

Fucking homosapiens.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible