Page 442 of 756 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 7558

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    So bitter. Keep grinding boomer, maybe you will catch up.

I doubt it though.
    Catch down you mean?

Sorry, I'm still participating in society.

Someone has to help the people who won't..
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Seth Meyers has it exactly right.
    Said no one with an IQ above 12 ever.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Ban sales of any and all semi automatic rifles, combat shotguns and of course reinforce fully automatic sales. Make bump stocks and extended, high capacity clips a felony to possess, transport or sale.

Basically what the EU has, with ownership of semi automatic weapons to be a privilege which may be granted for specific reasons.

Bolt action rifles and other hunting or sports weapons a shall issue, but still following a background check and safety training.
    Banning semi-automatic rifles would do very little given that there are so many out there now and they are used in less than 10% of all homicides.

What the fuck is a "combat shotgun" since all shotguns can be used in combat? Also, very few shotguns are used to murder people.

Reinforce automatic sales? How many automatic rifles have been used to commit homicides in the past decade?

Do you believe that someone who is going to commit murder really cares if he has a high capacity mag or a bump stock?

Most gun homicides in the US are with a pistol. Why are you not addressing the biggest portion of the gun issue?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

4. Default

Ban sales of any and all semi automatic rifles, combat shotguns and of course reinforce fully automatic sales. Make bump stocks and extended, high capacity clips a felony to possess, transport or sale.

Basically what the EU has, with ownership of semi automatic weapons to be a privilege which may be granted for specific reasons.

Bolt action rifles and other hunting or sports weapons a shall issue, but still following a background check and safety training.
    I'm for common sense gun laws, so would love to get your answers on the below;

Define semi automatic rifles. Please include where the sporting/hunting rifles that short of bolt actions are virtually all semi automatic fall. Please give examples of guns you'd outlaw and guns that are "ok" to have.
    Define combat shotguns. Please include where the sporting/hunting shotguns that are semi-auto fall. Please give examples of guns you'd outlaw and guns that are "ok" to have.
    Define extended, high capacity clips - especially since you JUST said BAN semi automatic rifles which again, short of bolt actions and single shot, mostly use magazines/clips. Hell, even some bolt actions use magazines. So is it 3, 5, 10, 15? What's the magic number? Most modern day double stack 9mm handguns hold 10 or more rounds. Please give examples of guns you'd outlaw and guns that are "ok" to have.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Not a legitimate one, go try and gaslight someone else Suzi Qanon
    It's always funny when Seran tries to sling insults because he tries so hard to repeat weak boomer sounding shit that he heard someone else say, but just comes off as even more of a retarded NPC than he already is instead.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Seran just admitted he doesn't want increased security at schools because he wants children to continue being murdered until his political agenda has been realized.
    Seth Meyers has it exactly right.
    Tgo01's name isn't Seth.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I'm for common sense gun laws, so would love to get your answers on the below;

Define semi automatic rifles. Please include where the sporting/hunting rifles that short of bolt actions are virtually all semi automatic fall. Please give examples of guns you'd outlaw and guns that are "ok" to have.
    Define combat shotguns. Please include where the sporting/hunting shotguns that are semi-auto fall. Please give examples of guns you'd outlaw and guns that are "ok" to have.
    Define extended, high capacity clips - especially since you JUST said BAN semi automatic rifles which again, short of bolt actions and single shot, mostly use magazines/clips. Hell, even some bolt actions use magazines. So is it 3, 5, 10, 15? What's the magic number? Most modern day double stack 9mm handguns hold 10 or more rounds. Please give examples of guns you'd outlaw and guns that are "ok" to have.
    Good luck getting an answer. He'll dodge your post even harder than he's dodging having to tell us what abstinence means and how republicans are trying to block it.

Hey Seran, what is abstinence and how are republicans trying to block it?

8. Default

Criminals can't buy firearms legally. Mentally ill shouldn't be able to, but can in a lot of Red states. By reducing the number of legally owned firearms capable of mass murder, then you reduce the gray market or straight black market resale of once legally owned firearms by first party owners or who wind up in the hands of criminals by theft. Duh.
    Define "mentally ill". Give examples. Is taking anti-depressants mentally ill? Sleeping pills? How about alcoholics? Drug addicts? What if you see a psychologist? Psychiatrist? What if you see a therapist because you friend/dog/relative died? How would you track any of it?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

9. Default

Wish we could figure this out. Wish we could cast off this 2 party system how political parties stifle thought and logic and turn us against each other. See Geo. Washington opinion on political party.

Need to come up with wholesale solution, need prevention and response. Dems need to realize getting rid of guns and demonizing gun owners is infeasible barring constitutional amendment revoking the second amendment. Fund SROs or vets - best practices/data show that single SRO not enough to fight a shooter . Keep in mind how all of these events end - don't fall into fallacy of "more guns=more carnage". Fund school infrastructure to prevent/mitigate. I have seen tech like bulletproof curtains etc.

Republican need to realize 2ad is not a suicide pact and can have reasonable restrictions like 1ad (time/place) restrictions. Need to keep these things out of the hands of mentally ill. Red flag laws allowing for constitutional due process hearings to prevent wrongful taking. Social media/school flagging for suicidal/homicidal ideation. Mental screening for purchase, excluding ownership from mentally ill conforms with 2ad because those with mental illness were historically and currently excluded from "militia" service. Cannot totally discount preventative measures in favor of SROs unless we go to Israeli style schools, which I think is universally disfavored.

Outside of that, need cultural change. How can we move away from violence centered culture? Need more grace, treat people with dignity and respect, shun culture of "owning libs/republitards", support children/youth programs, parenting programs.

Wonder if anyone here will agree with me, I have a feeling not! If we can't find common ground and figure something out within our legal/constitutional system, might as well just bag it, complain on social media, and send thoughts and prayers per usual...

(Btw I am not against praying, because I would hope those that do can open their hearts to take action to their deities calling for peace since nearly every religion compels peace and cooperation)

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    Wish we could figure this out. Wish we could cast off this 2 party system how political parties stifle thought and logic and turn us against each other. See Geo. Washington opinion on political party.

Need to come up with wholesale solution, need prevention and response. Dems need to realize getting rid of guns and demonizing gun owners is infeasible barring constitutional amendment revoking the second amendment. Fund SROs or vets - best practices/data show that single SRO not enough to fight a shooter . Keep in mind how all of these events end - don't fall into fallacy of "more guns=more carnage". Fund school infrastructure to prevent/mitigate. I have seen tech like bulletproof curtains etc.

Republican need to realize 2ad is not a suicide pact and can have reasonable restrictions like 1ad (time/place) restrictions. Need to keep these things out of the hands of mentally ill. Red flag laws allowing for constitutional due process hearings to prevent wrongful taking. Social media/school flagging for suicidal/homicidal ideation. Mental screening for purchase, excluding ownership from mentally ill conforms with 2ad because those with mental illness were historically and currently excluded from "militia" service. Cannot totally discount preventative measures in favor of SROs unless we go to Israeli style schools, which I think is universally disfavored.

Outside of that, need cultural change. How can we move away from violence centered culture? Need more grace, treat people with dignity and respect, shun culture of "owning libs/republitards", support children/youth programs, parenting programs.

Wonder if anyone here will agree with me, I have a feeling not! If we can't find common ground and figure something out within our legal/constitutional system, might as well just bag it, complain on social media, and send thoughts and prayers per usual...

(Btw I am not against praying, because I would hope those that do can open their hearts to take action to their deities calling for peace since nearly every religion compels peace and cooperation)
    The biggest issue with violence in the country is that people aren't taught how to handle their emotions. They aren't taught how to control the violence we need in order to survive, Instead we are told violence is wrong and try to pretend that it isn't present and part of our every day lives. Some people are also just terrible with their words because while they say violence is wrong what they really mean is unnecessarry violence between people is wrong. Others are also just idiots and think if you have perfectly valid reasons or "justifications" for violence then you can justify any of it so all of it should be condemned. It would probably go a long way to stop violence if people were taught that there are very specific situations where it is justified and the petty emotional upheaval they experience in life isn't one of them.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"