Page 480 of 504 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 5038

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I thought the defunding of the mental health institutions was non-partisan in the 80's because of all the abuse documented mostly by a really hard hitting expose by Geraldo Rivera (not kidding).
    Both parties are responsible for neglecting the needs of the mentally ill. The Democrat reasoning and the Republican reasoning are not one in the same.

Democrats believed we could just house them in low rent housing, ignoring that the mentally ill often times are incapable of taking care of themselves.

Republicans used it as a way to reduce spending.

I'm all for cutting government spending but shrinking our public safety net over shrinking military spending is something I won't support or vote for.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Both parties are responsible for neglecting the needs of the mentally ill. The Democrat reasoning and the Republican reasoning are not one in the same.

Democrats believed we could just house them in low rent housing, ignoring that the mentally ill often times are incapable of taking care of themselves.

I'm all for cutting government spending but shrinking our public safety net over shrinking military spending is something I won't support or vote for.
    I'm sorry both parties have neglected your needs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Let's be honest; the severely mentally ill is their base, they can't vote if they are locked up in psych wards.

We give war profiteers $754 billion annually and spend $743 billion putting food on the table for poor people.
    Relax Cupcake.. no one is saying that your free food will go away.

And we spend far more than 743 billion on deadbeats like you. Food is just part of the expense. You have housing, healthcare, phones, Internet, money just because money....
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

And we spend far more than 743 billion on deadbeats like you. Food is just part of the expense. You have housing, healthcare, phones, Internet, money just because money....
    I think most of that money goes to MN because for some fucking reason they think it's awesome to bring over tons of people from places like Somalia and give them tons of free stuff as most of them act like complete pieces of shit to the rest of the residents in this state.

I agree with both parties neglecting the mentally ill, but that’s about where it ends for me.

A public safety net is a luxury for a wealthy nation and generally a false sense of security for any individual to rely upon. It keeps more people dependent and poor than it does actually improve their quality of life. It’s not ultimately the job of the federal government to take care of the poor & hungry. I think that burden is better placed on state and local governments & even better charitable organizations. I’m not necessarily saying it’s something we should get rid of entirely at the federal level, but limited & definitely not expanded.

National defense on the other hand is a primary function of the federal government and one of the few intended reasons to have a federal government in the first place. We do have issues with corruption, wasteful spending, war mongering, etc. in this area, but significantly reducing our defense budget is not the answer. I’d rather see reform and that defense money to be more appropriately allocated to protecting our national interests.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

I love how upset you get when anyone mentions taking away your ability to send young men, from poor families, off to die, in illegal wars, in your stead.

I especially enjoy how you just make shit up about people the moment they don't march to your goose step.

Shouldn't you be off fighting Russians for the Ukraine? You were super hyped about sending other people to do it for you.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 06-23-2022 at 09:03 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I agree with both parties neglecting the mentally ill, but that’s about where it ends for me.

A public safety net is a luxury for a wealthy nation and generally a false sense of security for any individual to rely upon. It keeps more people dependent and poor than it does actually improve their quality of life. It’s not ultimately the job of the federal government to take care of the poor & hungry. I think that burden is better placed on state and local governments & even better charitable organizations. I’m not necessarily saying it’s something we should get rid of entirely at the federal level, but limited & definitely not expanded.

National defense on the other hand is a primary function of the federal government and one of the few intended reasons to have a federal government in the first place. We do have issues with corruption, wasteful spending, war mongering, etc. in this area, but significantly reducing our defense budget is not the answer. I’d rather see reform and that defense money to be more appropriately allocated to protecting our national interests.
    If you don't believe that the general welfare of the taxpayer isn't a matter of national defense, you're ignoring history. The same history that makes you keep the 2nd amendment so close to your heart.

History goes even further to show that a military will be used against it's own people, especially a people that have missed meals to pay for a military.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 06-23-2022 at 09:01 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

3/5ths of the Federal budget to entitlement programs. 1/6th to defense spending. The average middle class pays about 48% of income to taxes over all. (add them all up morons, not just income tax)

So who is missing meals for what?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    3/5ths of the Federal budget to entitlement programs. 1/6th to defense spending. The average middle class pays about 48% of income to taxes over all. (add them all up morons, not just income tax)

So who is missing meals for what?
    One things for certain, you've never seen an illegal war your not willing to send poor people to die in, in your stead.

"Fuck poor people, unless I need you to go fight in a war I voted for." ~ The Neo-con way

I absolutely enjoy watching neo-cons lose their shit when their "War for profit" scheme, gets wrecked.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984