Page 51 of 756 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Don't know why they didn't just have her change in a bathroom stall.
    That makes sense, yeah. I think the thinking though was that their directive, probably from their board, is to not discriminate against the wishes of someone based on their sexual orientation or gender. If you segregate the population, even if that population is just one, there's a legal basis to claim discrimination. Rock and hard place. They take the discrimination and segregation stuff pretty serious in that area. Just down the road from Tampa is Brooksville, which I believe was one of the last towns in the country to fully desegregate...sometime after 1970. At least that's what I was told when I lived there. I'll have to look it up to be sure.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-16-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    That makes sense, yeah. I think the thinking though was that their directive, probably from their board, is to not discriminate against the wishes of someone based on their sexual orientation or gender. If you segregate the population, even if that population is just one, there's a legal basis to claim discrimination. Rock and hard place. They take the discrimination and segregation stuff pretty serious in that area. Just down the road from Tampa is Brooksville, which I believe was one of the last towns in the country to fully desegregate...sometime after 1970. At least that's what I was told when I lived there. I'll have to look it up to be sure.
    And yet they are discriminating against the teacher instead. So, bad all around no matter what.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Ever notice how you and your troll squad is obsessed with talking about men and shoving things up their ass?
    Ever notice how you never denied crashing on time4fun's couch and paying "rent" via getting pegged mercilessly with her industrial sized jackhammer dildos?
    Last edited by Methais; 11-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    And yet they are discriminating against the teacher instead. So, bad all around no matter what.
    If he stayed and "observed" them changing then there'd probably be some retarded #MeToo movement against him with probably some pedophile accusations thrown in instead, because the left is really that retarded.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Hence...being between a rock and a hard place... Especially with a hot button issue. They tried to please everybody, which obviously failed, someone brought a highly politicized issue to the media, the whole thing blows up, and yeah it'll probably be the teacher that takes the brunt of it. The teachers union in Florida sucks. In a choice between "punish teacher for not obeying a directive" and "become national news/circus and potential lawsuit by transgendered person's family", "punish teacher" is gonna win just about every time.

Blog Entries

Ever notice how you and your troll squad is obsessed with talking about men and shoving things up their ass?
    Ever notice how you never deny having it happen to you? You aren't really worth any serious conversation.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Hence...being between a rock and a hard place... Especially with a hot button issue. They tried to please everybody, which obviously failed, someone brought a highly politicized issue to the media, the whole thing blows up, and yeah it'll probably be the teacher that takes the brunt of it. The teachers union in Florida sucks. In a choice between "punish teacher for not obeying a directive" and "become national news/circus and potential lawsuit by transgendered person's family", "punish teacher" is gonna win just about every time.
    I'd assume that the transgender kid's family accepts that if their kid identifies as a male and wants to change in a male bathroom, they're going to be interacting with males and male teachers.

As far as monitoring/supervising the locker room, the only way I could see that being an issue is if the policy requires something weird like 100% eyes-on supervision. Maybe that's a thing now, I don't know, it wasn't when I was in high school / middle school. Let them change in a bathroom stall, be within earshot/sight and call it a day.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Correct.
    Amazing argument style from pk. A deflection, a NOU, AND a failure to hold both sides accountable all in one short post.

My hats off to you, sir.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-16-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Don't know why they didn't just have her change in a bathroom stall.
    Because that's treating her differently. We are to the point of human evolution where instead of trying to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy we just force one side's beliefs on everyone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Because that's treating her differently. We are to the point of human evolution where instead of trying to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy we just force one side's beliefs on everyone else.
    No, we're getting to the point where it'll be like Starship Troopers and all genders will shower together.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam