Page 260 of 756 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 7558

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Turkey has agreed to give the Kurds 5 days to flee the area in exchange for no US sanctions or tariffs.

Does Trump now get credit for saving the Kurds or...I’m guessing not.

In case those of you who are unaware of why Turkey has been wanting to do this for months now: they have millions of Syrian refugees living in their country and they wanted to create a “safe zone” in Syria along their border so those Syrians could move back to their country.

The Kurds had months to withdraw before hand but like Trump said everyone (Kurds and Europe and others) just expected the US to do everything as usual.

What is the problem with Turkey overseeing a safe zone in Syria for Syrians? If we are just assuming Turkey is so evil they can’t be trusted with anything then why are they even still in NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Turkey has agreed to give the Kurds 5 days to flee the area in exchange for no US sanctions or tariffs.

Does Trump now get credit for saving the Kurds or...I’m guessing not.

In case those of you who are unaware of why Turkey has been wanting to do this for months now: they have millions of Syrian refugees living in their country and they wanted to create a “safe zone” in Syria along their border so those Syrians could move back to their country.

The Kurds had months to withdraw before hand but like Trump said everyone (Kurds and Europe and others) just expected the US to do everything as usual.

What is the problem with Turkey overseeing a safe zone in Syria for Syrians? If we are just assuming Turkey is so evil they can’t be trusted with anything then why are they even still in NATO?
    To recap all of this shit:

A civil war breaks out in Syria.
    Syrian refugees flee to Turkey by the millions.
    Turkey is like "Hey Europe, wanna help with these refugees?" Europe is like "LOL! No thanks! They're all brown like your country is so they can stay there!"
    Turkey is like fine, we'll setup a safe space in Syria so the refugees can go back home.
    Kurds are like "LOL! No thanks, we like living on your border, we got US troops here so you can't do shit!"
    Turkey is like "Hey US, we want to set up a safe space along the Syrian border so Syrian refugees can go back home."
    US is like okay we'll withdraw our troops but don't be committing atrocities.
    The Kurds are like "Fuck that shit, we'll fight before we run!"
    A couple of days later Kurds are like "Okay we'll run!"
    US gets Turkey to give the Kurds 5 days to flee.

And somehow in all of this Trump is the bad guy here? What am I missing? Can someone just please point out exactly how Trump is the bad guy here? The Kurds knew what Turkey wanted to do for months and they insisted on using US troops as a shield against a possible incursion from Turkey, an incursion Turkey only wanted to do because their country was flooded with millions of refuges.

Blog Entries

To recap all of this shit:

A civil war breaks out in Syria.
    Syrian refugees flee to Turkey by the millions.
    Turkey is like "Hey Europe, wanna help with these refugees?" Europe is like "LOL! No thanks! They're all brown like your country is so they can stay there!"
    Turkey is like fine, we'll setup a safe space in Syria so the refugees can go back home.
    Kurds are like "LOL! No thanks, we like living on your border, we got US troops here so you can't do shit!"
    Turkey is like "Hey US, we want to set up a safe space along the Syrian border so Syrian refugees can go back home."
    US is like okay we'll withdraw our troops but don't be committing atrocities.
    The Kurds are like "Fuck that shit, we'll fight before we run!"
    A couple of days later Kurds are like "Okay we'll run!"
    US gets Turkey to give the Kurds 5 days to flee.

And somehow in all of this Trump is the bad guy here? What am I missing? Can someone just please point out exactly how Trump is the bad guy here? The Kurds knew what Turkey wanted to do for months and they insisted on using US troops as a shield against a possible incursion from Turkey, an incursion Turkey only wanted to do because their country was flooded with millions of refuges.
    At the least he could have negotiated for those 5 days from the start, not just flipping a switch and saying LOL good luck.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    At the least he could have negotiated for those 5 days from the start, not just flipping a switch and saying LOL good luck.
    The Kurds didn't want to leave then, they wanted to fight. It took a couple of days to remove US forces from the area, the Kurds could have started leaving at that point.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-17-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries

The Kurds didn't want to leave then, they wanted to fight. It took a couple of days to remove US forces from the area, the Kurds could have started leaving at that point.
    They probably weren't able to just burn whatever they couldn't immediately take, like we did.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    They probably weren't able to just burn whatever they couldn't immediately take, like we did.
    Maybe it was something like...

Trump: Hey Kurds, we're bringing our troops home and you should go home too.

Kurds: lolol fuck that we're staying here while you protect us

Trump: Ok then...

*TROOPS LEAVE*

Kurds: Fuck, I guess we're going home then.

In those exact words, verbatim.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-17-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Trump: Hey Kurds, we're bringing our troops home and you should go home too.

Kurds: lolol fuck that we're staying here while you protect us
    And where exactly do you think the Kurds live?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    in four or five different shithole countries?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The Turks only attacked because they don't like the idea of elements that they consider terrorists setting up camp directly on their borders. They felt it would add new life to the Kurdish terrorism occurring right now in their own country. I imagine we'd do the same thing if people we considered violent terrorists, that are responsible for constant ongoing attacks within our borders, set up camp on the other side of the Rio Grande.

Or maybe we wouldn't. Hello drug cartels.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The Turks only attacked because they don't like the idea of elements that they consider terrorists setting up camp directly on their borders. They felt it would add new life to the Kurdish terrorism occurring right now in their own country. I imagine we'd do the same thing if people we considered violent terrorists, that are responsible for constant ongoing attacks within our borders, set up camp on the other side of the Rio Grande.

Or maybe we wouldn't. Hello drug cartels.
    I can only imagine the US response if Mexico allowed ISIS to setup camp along the border with the US.

Then again Nancy Pelosi might welcome the move, since she loves to defend MS13 gang members.