Page 503 of 756 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 7556

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Mandalorian was amazing. Boba Fett was okay. Rebels and Clone Wars were both pretty damn good. Rogue One was one of the best Star Wars movies ever made. Han Solo isn't bad at all either.

I think they've improved it. Lucas was just letting everything stagnate.

I do agree, the new 3 SW trilogy movies did suck though. VIII was the worst shit produced out of anything, including the Star Wars Christmas Special.
    I agree with what you said about Rogue One. That opinion isn’t shared by all the fans or critics though. Rogue One showed the gritty desperation and some moral ambiguity with the Rebels which felt unique. It also deepened / enhanced the story of A New Hope.

I thought Solo sucked and was also disappointed with Obi-Wan. To me it lacked emotional connection and the telling of a good story. It was obvious Disney just hired lazy writers to milk the franchise for money.

If you want to watch a truly great relaunch/spin of a classic film trilogy, check out Cobra Kai. That’s now the gold standard of how you both satisfy existing fans and bring in new ones.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-03-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I agree with what you said about Rogue One. That opinion isn’t shared by all the fans or critics though. Rogue One was a unique story that showed the grittiness and some moral ambiguity with the Rebels which felt unique. It also deepened / enhanced the story of A New Hope.

I thought Solo sucked and was also disappointed with Obi-Wan. To me it lacked emotional connection and the telling of a good story. It was obvious Disney just hired lazy writers to milk the franchise for money.

If you want to watch a truly great relaunch/spin of a classic film trilogy, check out Cobra Kai. That’s now the gold standard of how you both satisfy existing fans and bring in new ones.
    Cobra Kai is for the kids.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Are you saying Rebels, Clone Wars, The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett were bad?
    No, they were good, they saved Star Wars intellectual property. You would think they learned lessons on how not to make woke crap under the woke boot of Kathleen Kennedy but noooooooo.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Cobra Kai is for the kids.
    I watch it with my kids and it’s one of very few shows we can all enjoy together. I guess I’m just a big kid at heart, so that’s fair.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-03-2022 at 11:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I watch it with my kids and it’s one of very few shows we can all enjoy together. I guess I’m just a big kid at heart, so that’s fair.
    I watched the first few seasons of it. Huge nostalgia, but it kinda wore off between seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I think most of the "firefighters" in DC are working on the fact that a large percentage of Democrats do not want Biden to run in 2024 and the Democratic Party leadership seems to be completely ignoring the issue.

But that's me...
    Why would the Democrats care about the issue? It's a Republican talking point that has absolutely no impact on current day events. Yes, the Right would absolutely love for this to be a free for all before the midterms, but they're the only ones who are shaking the tree. Come 2024, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Why would the Democrats care about the issue? It's a Republican talking point that has absolutely no impact on current day events. Yes, the Right would absolutely love for this to be a free for all before the midterms, but they're the only ones who are shaking the tree. Come 2024, we'll see.
    A quick google search reveals that Democrat voters (not Republicans) are dissatisfied with Biden in virtually every single poll conducted. It’s not a Republican talking point. Democrat leadership can of course can continue to ignore reality & remain out of touch with their own voting base. As you said we’ll see the impact of that in both the mid-terms & 2024 elections. Prepare yourself for the red wave.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I can't wait for the woke pile of garbage to flop. Just like the new star wars series Endor, let's toss in a load of woke garbage to kill the show and further damage the brand. They didn't learn anything from Rebels, Clone Wars, The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. Now, GOT gets the woke suicide pill.

Last edited by Methais; 08-03-2022 at 04:40 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Like I said, he is a goddamn space wizard, no he doesn't.

Like I said, he is a goddamn space wizard, no he doesn't.
    Apparently there was some book that came out that takes place when Obi-Wan was still a kid in training, and it involved a gay dude, a non-binary whatever, a pansexual, and whatever the fuck other dumb shit these retards make up, or something like that...

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible