Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wav Sound Effects

Blog Entries

Default Wav Sound Effects

So I just recently found out I can use wav files for highlighted custom phrases and words. I know, I know...I've been around Gemstone for like fifteen years now and should know some of this stuff but, well, I don't!

I've started using .wav files to notify me of things like when someone private chats to me, or, on my cleric, when someone dies in the area, or when I get injured, etc. My favorite is the different wav files that I set to trigger when someone my character has interacted with enters a room.

Does anyone else use this feature and what phrases or words do you attach a wav file to and what sounds do you use?

I know it's dumb but I feel like I discovered peanut butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I used to have a train crossing wav...for emergencies. Anymore I don't actually USE a wave file, i just type some letters into the box and it gives the standard computer tone.

I have audios for folks cheering me in the arena, TELLS, whisper charms, and if I am waiting for someone I will put it on their name so when they get there it starts ding-a-linging. (can't do audio highlights in the NAMES tab, have to use CUSTOM and write their name)

I also have a secret, case sensitive password my friends know so they can ring me with it.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    I used to have a train crossing wav...for emergencies. Anymore I don't actually USE a wave file, i just type some letters into the box and it gives the standard computer tone.

I have audios for folks cheering me in the arena, TELLS, whisper charms, and if I am waiting for someone I will put it on their name so when they get there it starts ding-a-linging. (can't do audio highlights in the NAMES tab, have to use CUSTOM and write their name)

I also have a secret, case sensitive password my friends know so they can ring me with it.
    Oh man, I'm stealing the password idea.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I use an air raid siren for emergencies. Scares me every time. This is what I get when my cleric's name triggers it: http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2018-0...res_johnny.wav
    Last edited by Tisket; 06-23-2018 at 01:11 AM.
    I like penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Oh man, I'm stealing the password idea.

Its handy, but I did have one guy abuse it. Like, you know I am sleeping and parked at a table to migrate TP. you KNOW this. So don't send me a god damn ******* and make my computer go crazy. I told him I changed it because of him. I didn't, but he didn't think it worked anymore so he stopped using it.

Yeah, this was back in my train crossing wav days. Fucking horrendous. Its good if it's needed, but people dropping it on a sleeping Oso makes a very murderous Oso.
    Last edited by Ososis; 06-23-2018 at 01:16 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

stop pointing directly at you!

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2018-0...ter_gopher.wav

So I don't have to pay attention to rooms where a spinner is happening or is there is a lot of screen scroll.
    Last edited by drauz; 06-23-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

throws his arms skyward!

throws her arms skyward!

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/..._know_this.wav

Blog Entries

I have Marilyn Monroe sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" every time I level.
    I like penis.

Itchy curses, disarms, weapon fires, popped muscles (sorry I don't have the actual strings)
    gamemaster, gamehost.

OOH! a really good one is "that is on the ground" which will catch if you accidentally stash shit in a random ground container.