Thread: Hitbox arcade "stick"

Default Hitbox arcade "stick"

So I decided to order a Hitbox, just wondering if anyone else has tried one and opinions on it.

I feel like I'm real bad at directional inputs on a joystick, but I'm much, much better at them if I try on say keyboard, though keyboard has its own issues as well. I think it will be much easier to be very precise with the inputs on the Hitbox.

https://www.hitboxarcade.com/

I don't understand how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I don't understand how it works.
    The 3 red buttons are left, down, and right, and the big red button is up. The white buttons are the same as a normal fight stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    So I decided to order a Hitbox, just wondering if anyone else has tried one and opinions on it.

I feel like I'm real bad at directional inputs on a joystick, but I'm much, much better at them if I try on say keyboard, though keyboard has its own issues as well. I think it will be much easier to be very precise with the inputs on the Hitbox.

https://www.hitboxarcade.com/
    I’ve never used one but I know people who have. Once you get used to it you can do a lot of 1 frame inputs that would be significantly more difficult to pull off consistently on a fight stick or pad.

Most of the people I’ve seen using them were playing MK or Injustice, which doesn’t use diagonal inputs for special moves (i.e. down forward vs qcf input) so I’m honestly not sure how it would be for a game like Street Fighter that’s pretty heavy on diagonal inputs, but I would imagine they get used by some tournament players in those games too.

You’ll probably find a lot of feedback on shoryuken.com especially if you’re playing primarily Capcom fighters with it. Probably a lot of YouTube reviews too.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-22-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

I'd like to try using that thing on something like Smash Bros. I could see it performing well there or MK. If input consistency is a problem on Street Fighter or similar, I would probably just try using an octagonal gate on the stick, but that's just me. (I have one on mine because I also play a lot of shmups and such.) I'll be curious to hear how this works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    I'd like to try using that thing on something like Smash Bros. I could see it performing well there or MK. If input consistency is a problem on Street Fighter or similar, I would probably just try using an octagonal gate on the stick, but that's just me. (I have one on mine because I also play a lot of shmups and such.) I'll be curious to hear how this works out for you
    They make one for Smash specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I’ve never used one but I know people who have. Once you get used to it you can do a lot of 1 frame inputs that would be significantly more difficult to pull off consistently on a fight stick or pad.

Most of the people I’ve seen using them were playing MK or Injustice, which doesn’t use diagonal inputs for special moves (i.e. down forward vs qcf input) so I’m honestly not sure how it would be for a game like Street Fighter that’s pretty heavy on diagonal inputs, but I would imagine they get used by some tournament players in those games too.

You’ll probably find a lot of feedback on shoryuken.com especially if you’re playing primarily Capcom fighters with it. Probably a lot of YouTube reviews too.
    I think that it will be similar to doing a diagonal motion on the keyboard, which isn't actually that hard.. you just kinda roll through the keys, press down, keep holding it and press right, let go of down, let go of right and there's your QCF.