Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,018 of 1018

Thread: Things that you have taken seriously today (Political version)

This is honestly pretty accurate, a solid number of the Republicans are pro-Trump and pro-Putin authoritarianism. The fact they're leading the charge to weaken Ukraine, weaken NATO, and sow discord in our country speaks for itself. MAGA Republicans might as well have killed Navalny themselves. Carlson's interview is the embodiment of their Putin support.

Cheney warns of a ‘Putin wing of the Republican party’

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), an outspoken critic of former President Trump, warned of the emergence of a “Putin wing” of the Republican party and stressed the importance of preventing its return to the White House.

In an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Cheney sharply criticized Trump’s recent comments suggesting he would not defend NATO allies in the wake of an attack from Russia and his recent silence following the death of the anti-corruption, pro-democracy opposition leader in Russia, Alexei Navalny.

“I think that we have to take Donald Trump very seriously,” Cheney said Sunday. “We have to take seriously the extent to which you have now got a Putin wing of the Republican Party.”

“I believe the issue this election cycle is making sure the Putin wing of the Republican Party does not take over the West Wing of the White House,” she continued.

In the interview, she did not make any presidential endorsements and said she has not yet decided whether she would enter the race herself. She made clear, however, that she would do whatever she could to prevent Trump’s return to the White House.

“Donald Trump, as you pointed out, said just a few days ago that he had told a NATO ally that he would encourage [Russian President Vladimir Putin] to do whatever he needed to do, whatever he wanted to do,” Cheney told CNN anchor Jake Tapper.

“He’s basically made clear that, under a Trump administration, the United States is unlikely to keep its NATO commitments. And I think that Republicans who understand the importance of the national security situation who continue to support him are similarly going to be held to account,” she said.

Pressed later about Trump’s NATO comments, Cheney said, “It’s disgraceful. I can’t imagine any other American president of either party since the establishment of NATO saying such a thing. And it’s completely uninformed and ignorant and dangerous.”

Cheney also drew a connection between Trump’s frequent suggestions that he would investigate his political opponents in a second term and Navalny’s death.

“When you think about Donald Trump, for example, pledging retribution — what Vladimir Putin did to Navalny is what retribution looks like in a country where the leader is not subject to the rule of law,” Cheney said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ublican-party/

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    This is honestly pretty accurate, a solid number of the Republicans are pro-Trump and pro-Putin authoritarianism. The fact they're leading the charge to weaken Ukraine, weaken NATO, and sow discord in our country speaks for itself. MAGA Republicans might as well have killed Navalny themselves. Carlson's interview is the embodiment of their Putin support.

lol Cheney

Sit down Seran you unwashed unemployed creepy pedo.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Seran wants to live in 1984 where 95% of the population lives in poverty, the vast majority of natural resources are purposely destroyed to keep the population living in poverty and there's only one political party that will go to no ends to keep it that way. Seran believes he will be accepted into the 5% if he carries the water for them, though, he will be the first to be vaporized.

Ukraine is not our ally. They literally armed drug cartels, terrorists and civil wars around the globe after the fall of the Soviet Union. There's 0 interest in the US defending them.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...leaked-emails/

Golly, no one could have ever expected unintended side effects from something like this.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...leaked-emails/

Golly, no one could have ever expected unintended side effects from something like this.
    Stupid timer asking to start a free trial pops up for the article after about 10 seconds.....here's the article copied/pasted:

Doctors on a leading transgender healthcare body have admitted that patients have developed cancer owing to the effects of hormone treatment.

Leaked emails show other medical professionals admitting that trans patients do not always understand the consequences of gender reassignment.

The cache of files from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), which sets guidelines that have influenced NHS treatment, show that doctors are carrying out life-changing surgery and prescribing puberty blockers even though they are aware the adults and children may not fully understand the long-term ramifications.

One doctor talked about a transgender person who died of cancer as a result of his hormone treatment.

“I have one transition friend/colleague who, after about eight to 10 years of [testosterone] developed hepatocarcinoma [a form of liver cancer],” the doctor wrote.

“To the best of my knowledge, it was linked to his hormone treatment… it was so advanced that he opted for palliative care and died a couple of months later.”

It’s not clear from the documents if the person who died was made aware or knew about the side effect.

‘Living (presumably) happily ever after’
    Another said they would go ahead with a double mastectomy (called “top surgery”) on a 16-year-old girl even though hormones had likely given her liver cancer.

“The oncologist and surgeon both have indicated that the likely offending agent(s) are the hormones,” the doctor wrote. “We are prepared to support the patient in any way we can (e.g. top surgery when medically stable, etc).”

A gender therapist said they had only turned one person down for treatment in 15 years.

“I have also intervened on behalf of people who have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, complex post-traumatic stress disorder, homeless and got at least an orchiectomy [testicle removal],” they said.

“In the last 15 years, I had to regrettably decline writing only one letter, mainly because the person evaluated was in active psychosis and hallucinated during the assessment session.

“Other than that – nothing – everyone got their assessment letter, insurance approval, and are living (presumably) happily ever after.”

A number of doctors admitted that their patients often did not understand the ramifications of hormone treatment or surgery – such as developing facial hair.

A child psychologist said in a leaked email featured in the report: “[It is] out of their developmental range to understand the extent to which some of these medical interventions are impacting them.

“They’ll say they understand, but then they’ll say something else that makes you think, oh, they didn’t really understand that they are going to have facial hair.”

‘Neither science nor medicine’
    The contents of the forum was leaked to Michael Shellenberger, a US writer and journalist.

“The WPATH Files show that what is called ‘gender medicine’ is neither science nor medicine,” he said.

“The experiments are not randomised, double-blind, or controlled. It’s not medicine since the first rule is to do no harm. And that requires informed consent.

“Activist members of WPATH know that the so-called ‘gender-affirming care’ they provide can result in life-long complications and sterility and that their patients do not understand the implications, such as loss of sexual function and the ability to experience orgasm.

“These leaked files show overwhelming evidence that the professionals within WPATH know that they are not getting consent from children, adolescents, and vulnerable adults, or their caregivers.”

WPATH is made up of doctors, psychologists, therapists and activists and although it has some UK members it is based in the US. It is best known for its “standards of care” guidelines which the NHS in England was previously aligned with. Scotland still is.

WPATH was approached for comment.

Authoritarian Orban informed everyone of his meeting result with Trump where these non-Diplomats discussed aiding the success of Russia in its invasion of Ukraine by stopping assistance to the illegally occupied country.

Hungarian leader says Trump will end the war in Ukraine by not giving ‘a penny

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has said Donald Trump would effectively end the war in Ukraine by cutting off funding to Kyiv, should the former US president return to power in November.

“He (Trump) has a very clear vision,” Orbán said in an interview to Hungarian broadcaster M1 broadcast on Sunday. “He says the following: first, he will not give a single penny for the Russo-Ukrainian war. That’s why the war will end, because it’s obvious that Ukraine cannot stand on its own two feet.”

Orbán’s comments came after Trump hosted the Hungarian strongman at Mar-a-Lago on Friday. The former president and a small group of close advisers met with Orbán at the Florida resort for roughly an hour Friday night, sources familiar with the matter told CNN, with one of the sources describing it as a “social meeting” with no agenda. A separate source called it “friendly.”

Orbán has been a longstanding opponent to European Union and NATO efforts to assist Ukraine since Russia’s full-scale invasion two years ago. Hungary has consistently bogged down Western aid negotiations, though it did recently sign off on a 50 billion euro aid package for Kyiv and approve Sweden’s accession to NATO after holding out for months.

If the Americans don’t give money and weapons, along with the Europeans, the war will end. And if the Americans don’t give money, then the Europeans won’t be able to fund this war alone. And then the war will end,” Orbán said.

CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign for comment.

Orbán, one of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s few allies left in Europe, frames his position as “pro-peace” despite the fact that it would effectively reward Moscow for waging war against a weaker neighbor and allow it to sue for peace on its own terms.

Trump, who last week effectively locked up the Republican nomination for president, has taken a similar isolationist approach as he campaigns to retake the White House in November. He has vowed to end the war in Ukraine, if he’s elected, within 24 hours – a process that could happen only on Putin’s terms and reward his illegal invasion.

Orbán and Trump, both far-right populists defined by anti-immigrant and demagogic rhetoric, have long expressed mutual admiration for each other – despite the fact that critics say Orbán has weakened the country’s democratic institutions since returning to power in 2010.

Trump’s lavish praise for Orban has sparked concern that he is doubling down on his support for autocrats as Western democracies struggle to stay united in their support for Ukraine.

“He likes dealing with other big guys, and big guys like Erdogan in Turkey get to put people in jail and you don’t have to ask anybody’s permission. He kind of likes that,” John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser, told CNN’s Jim Sciutto.

Trump’s former advisers say he consistently lavished praise on Putin, and several of them believe that in a potential second term Trump would bring a fundamental shift in America’s vision of itself and its role in the world – including potentially pulling the US out of NATO and reducing its commitment to other defense alliances.

“NATO would be in real jeopardy,” Bolton said.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/europ...ntl/index.html
    President Biden successfully got Finland and Sweden added to NATO, strengthening our national defense against threats abroad through our military alliance.

Meanwhile, Trump is working to undermine NATO by strengthening Putin. Amazing.

7. Default

President Biden successfully got Finland and Sweden added to NATO, strengthening our national defense against threats abroad through our military alliance.
    Explain how Biden got Finland and Sweden into NATO. Be specific about what actions and positions he took.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Authoritarian Orban informed everyone of his meeting result with Trump where these non-Diplomats discussed aiding the success of Russia in its invasion of Ukraine by stopping assistance to the illegally occupied country.

Meanwhile, Trump is working to undermine NATO by strengthening Putin. Amazing.
    If you worked for a living and paid taxes, you'd be tired of having all our money sent to Ukraine too.

But instead you chose to be a welfare sucking waste of life.