Thread: Warrior rebuilt help

1. Default Warrior rebuilt help

My voln warrior is currently level 67. Starting into the undead gap. Currently under hunting a bit (Troll Kings, Sheru Harbs) so I'm not dying constantly. Looking forward at the undead list I don't see much I'm excited to fight even if I stay voln and push through the gap, so considering a switch to sunfist. I've been thinking about rebuilding as a OHE+Shield Sunfist warrior. Though it would mean acquiring a new primary weapon, shield and armor (currently using voln plate).

Currently this:
    (at level 67), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 250 150
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 238 138
    Two-Handed Weapons.................| 238 138
    Ambush.............................| 120 30
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 170 70
    Physical Fitness...................| 238 138
    Dodging............................| 238 138
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25
    Magic Item Use.....................| 90 20
    Survival...........................| 169 69
    Perception.........................| 169 69
    Climbing...........................| 120 30
    Swimming...........................| 90 20
    First Aid..........................| 169 69
    Trading............................| 169 69

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
    Strength (STR): 100 (40) ... 100 (40)
    Constitution (CON): 100 (35) ... 100 (35)
    Dexterity (DEX): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
    Agility (AGI): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
    Discipline (DIS): 89 (19) ... 89 (19)
    Aura (AUR): 84 (12) ... 84 (12)
    Logic (LOG): 79 (9) ... 79 (9)
    Intuition (INT): 68 (9) ... 68 (9)
    Wisdom (WIS): 63 (6) ... 63 (6)
    Influence (INF): 62 (11) ... 62 (11)

Prospective build would be:
    150 Armor Use
    3x Shield Use
    2x Edged
    2x CM
    1x MOC
    1x Dodge
    2x Physical Fitness
    1x Harness Power
    Remainder in MIU/AS/Trading

I'd appreciate any feedback or thoughts on the current build and what it might hunt, or changes to improve it; and/or thoughts on the replacement build.

Thanks!

How much do you honestly hunt in a day?

The reason I ask is because if you're Premium, I think you can run Reim daily for free and it's a couple hours of solid, 100% undead. I'd also consider going to EN to Maaghara, as shricken in there are undead and the area is very easy for the level. Worst case scenario, get your favor up with a Reim run, then do what you can to mitigate favor use and hunt whatever is fun to you.

Warriors and Sunfist go together very well, but my GoS warrior was TWC from level 0 to 13m experience.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    How much do you honestly hunt in a day?

The reason I ask is because if you're Premium, I think you can run Reim daily for free and it's a couple hours of solid, 100% undead. I'd also consider going to EN to Maaghara, as shricken in there are undead and the area is very easy for the level. Worst case scenario, get your favor up with a Reim run, then do what you can to mitigate favor use and hunt whatever is fun to you.

Warriors and Sunfist go together very well, but my GoS warrior was TWC from level 0 to 13m experience.
    Prime, unfortunately. It's tough for me to consider shelling out the price for Premium. The last 10 years have been me playing about 4 hours a day for a couple months, then canceling and coming back in 6-9 months. I've avoided special content because I've always been prime.

I can give the shricken a try I guess, though their still about 10 levels above me so I'm guessing if they get off a mewave I'm dead.

TWC seems like it would suffer on defense, and get railed soloing warcamps. What makes that work well?

How much favor do you have saved up? I had enough to make it almost through the gap in the landing
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiladrem View Post
    Prime, unfortunately. It's tough for me to consider shelling out the price for Premium. The last 10 years have been me playing about 4 hours a day for a couple months, then canceling and coming back in 6-9 months. I've avoided special content because I've always been prime.

I can give the shricken a try I guess, though their still about 10 levels above me so I'm guessing if they get off a mewave I'm dead.

TWC seems like it would suffer on defense, and get railed soloing warcamps. What makes that work well?
    All 3 foes in Maaghara are easily defeated after being feinted, especially if you have a decent two-handed weapon base. I'd stay away from the goleras for a few levels until you get your feet wet, if you decide to go that path. The Rift, for being a gigantic pain in the ass, is pretty balanced for squares ( and has undead ) as it allows you to wear your basic spellup as is, but I never went back after the GS3 to 4 conversion.

I went from level 19 to level 91-ish self spelled ( I started acquiring trinkets as it's rare for Auv to accept outside people helping him ) using TWC. I was selective of hunting grounds and ate my fair share of herbs as it was belittling for that persona to ask for help, but it can be done. I also mastered GoS before 709 was changed and used as much as it is now, and after my first implosion death in a warcamp quickly shied from that idea. I ended up taking 23 warcamps before level 20, though. He's up to 12.99m experience, and only died 45 times ( not counting ghosting or GM auto-kill deaths ).
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Undead on Plane 1 in the rift also. Naisircs are level 75 and seraceris are 78.

7. Default

I've got about 1m favor saved up, so that's not the real issue. The red forest has so much RT locking I can't really hunt there reliably (OH I TRIED!). I've looked through the creature list and seen where the undead are, but I'm looking for build advice as well as hunting locations/tactics.

I personally would stick with THW and hunt minotaurs and then stronghold. You have a million in favour so you won't have any problems getting through the gap this way. I think you will struggle really hard changing to sunfist at the moment. It isn't easy....

I found that OHE and shield fell off badly from level 60 onwards (although I think it makes a lot of sense when you are significantly post cap) and I ended up switching to THW then which made hunting hugely easier (I was CoL at the time but have since changed to Voln).

Not sure if you are really set on hunting undead, if you are then EN or rift may be ok. I really enjoyed minotaurs and the stronghold though, and hunted those until I was ~94.