Thread: Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    He was arrested for disregarding a court order to not do exactly what he did. He was potentially prejudicing the outcome of the trials. He was ordered to not do exactly what he was doing, he even mentioned it during his live stream.

If you had said "They also recently threw someone in prison WHILE recording Muslim defendants accused of raping children as they were walking into the court house." you would be correct.

It seems a small distinction but it's not.
    But what he was doing was illegal for everyone, not just because he had been arrested for doing something similar before.

And it's not just because he was filming them in person, all of the UK media was forbidden from reporting on the case anywhere.

I'm not going so far as others to suggest this is all a conspiracy to cover up for Muslim pedophiles, but not even being able to report on the facts of a case is a pretty authoritarian take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    But what he was doing was illegal for everyone, not just because he had been arrested for doing something similar before.

And it's not just because he was filming them in person, all of the UK media was forbidden from reporting on the case anywhere.

I'm not going so far as others to suggest this is all a conspiracy to cover up for Muslim pedophiles, but not even being able to report on the facts of a case is a pretty authoritarian take.
    I am not opposed to not releasing the names of people for crimes such as these. It puts a stigma on them. He could have taken the legal route like a reporter did to review the media blackout put on Robinson's trial.

I remember hearing somewhere that even just leveling an accusation of rape, murder, racism, etc is enough to convince 50% of the people listening that they are guilty (without even hearing any facts). I can understand why there is law regarding this and I kinda wish we had that here in the US.

I think his problem is that he specifically named all the defendants. Maybe I'm way off base.