Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

Blog Entries

Default Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/trum...-together.html

President Donald Trump on Wednesday signaled that he plans to sign an executive action designed to keep families together during detention on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that," he told reporters during an event at the White House, after saying he wanted families to be kept together. "I'll be doing something that's somewhat preemptive and ultimately will be matched by legislation I'm sure," he said.
    There's more in the link.

Sooooo, how does this work? Does the Ninth Circuit hit him with a C&D now?

No- everyone just sits there in stunned silence at a guy who is so committed to his lie that this wasn't all his doing that he's actually making a big production of undoing himself to make it look like it wasn't his idea all along.

And so we're clear- you don't get brownie points for changing your mind about tearing families apart for political gain.

Blog Entries

Good, it was costing 23 grand a year to house each one.

I'm glad he is finally shedding this one faucet of Obama era immigration policy.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-20-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Sadly we are forced to watch a president use executive order in place of a spineless congress. Time to whip out the executive pen and end the wanted murder of children.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    No- everyone just sits there in stunned silence at a guy who is so committed to his lie that this wasn't all his doing that he's actually making a big production of undoing himself to make it look like it wasn't his idea all along.

And so we're clear- you don't get brownie points for changing your mind about tearing families apart for political gain.
    Seriously. He'll probably have a signing ceremony and give the pens away to GOP congressmembers then they'll all strain their rotator cuffs patting themselves on the back for half assed solving a problem trump created.

Funny how he's been saying for days that this was the Democrats' fault and that only Congress could fix this.

This entire situation has just been painful. What happened to this country and the people in it? At what point did people become so twisted and warped that they started to celebrate tearing babies away from asylum seekers? It's just evil.

And this man was wiling to do this to these people so he could get money to build a god damn wall.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Funny how he's been saying for days that this was the Democrats' fault and that only Congress could fix this.

This entire situation has just been painful. What happened to this country and the people in it? At what point did people become so twisted and warped that they started to celebrate tearing babies away from asylum seekers? It's just evil.

And this man was wiling to do this to these people so he could get money to build a god damn wall.
    What will Fox say now? Dems are at fault for ruining summer camp for thousands of kids who were enjoying their well deserved time away from Mom and Dad? How are they spinning this utter reversal from "I'm helpless to stop it because of a democrat law" to "I'll just whip out an EO to reverse the policy that I didn't need and EO to simply put in place".

Victory, vindication, and a baby step in the right direction from an increasingly tone-deaf, authoritarian, clueless, ego driven, sell-out-to-Putin administration. We HAVE to keep this admin in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Victory, vindication, and a baby step in the right direction from an increasingly tone-deaf, authoritarian, clueless, ego driven, sell-out-to-Putin administration. We HAVE to keep this admin in check.
    lol again with the retardation. Awesome, Back. Awesome.

You're doing your part! You post your dismay on a text based roleplaying game forum!

WAY TO GO BACKLASH! YOU DID IT!

Fucking retard....
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.