Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Approval of Trump Way Up

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I've been talking about the same God Damn thing for three or four days now. Look at the hoops you will jump through to defend trump.
    Okay, I think we're having a break through here. So you fully recognize that Trump did not create the "policy" of "separating" kids from their parents, right?

What you're complaining about is Trump's "policy" of enforcing said law, right?

Is that where we are at now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Okay, I think we're having a break through here. So you fully recognize that Trump did not create the "policy" of "separating" kids from their parents, right?

What you're complaining about is Trump's "policy" of enforcing said law, right?

Is that where we are at now?
    For the life me, I will never understand why you will go to such lengths to argue in bad faith.

For the life me, I will never understand why you will go to such lengths to argue in bad faith.
    Damn, we almost had a breakthrough, but your Trump Derangement Syndrome is stronger than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Having said all of that- if his approval rating doesn't drop in light of the children in cages- I will have officially lost all faith in this country.
    LOL

There are a lot of pictures running around right now- some of which are out of context. But there are A LOT of pictures of what's going on right now. And they're heartbreaking to anyone who still has a heart.

And the Obama administration rarely prosecuted parents crossing with children because it's so inhumane.

So what's going on today isn't a reflection of 2014. It's a reflection of 2018 and the politics of dehumanization.
    LOL x 100

Repeat after me: Asylum is legal immigration.

The separation of children from their families without due process, by the way, is a violation of several international laws that we're treaty-bound to follow. (Also the Constitution)

But this isn't about law- it's about morality.
    LOL x 1000

So first- that's a misdemeanor. The equivalent situation here would be the state taking your children away from you because you were cited for public intoxication. It's actually worse than that (see below). And given that tearing children away from their families with no due process is a violation of the US Constitution (and international law)- I think it's safe to say that the real concern here isn't about following the law.

But, more to the point, it actually doesn't matter how you get here. Once you formally request asylum, you are no longer supposed to be in an illegal immigration situation. (And that's even ignoring the reasons why people aren't entering at official ports of entry- namely that they've been illegally turning away asylum seekers)

What the Trump administration is doing is effectively refusing to let them claim asylum until after they've been prosecuted for a misdemeanor border crossing. The children are being taken away from them- in many cases for months- while they wait in a detention center to see an overworked immigration judge.

AND there's no actual system in place to reunite the families. There is no phone access for the parents. There is no tagging system to make sure you get your damn kids back. In some cases, they've been deporting parents without reuniting them with their kids.

They've been deporting kids without reuniting them with their parents. These are families who are fleeing war, gang violence, and disasters. Who have legitimate reason to fear that their families will be killed if they stay in their home country.

There's no justification for this. It's cruel and inhumane. And it's the product of decades of political propaganda referring to human beings as "illegals". It's amazing how easy it makes it to treat human beings like vermin when you do that.
    LOL x ∞

Thank you for stepping up in Backlash's absence to make Drunk Tuesday a thing again.

You are a real friend.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Jesus isn't talking about some fucking law laid down by the government. I'm done with this conversation. You'll lie about your religion to try to score points in a PC forum argument, then you're just a liar.
    We know you aren't done.

You are never done crying about anything President Trump.

Ever.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I will never know why anyone bothers to argue with your retarded ass.

Dude, this is from the Department of Justice. See the word policy? I can't believe you're even arguing this.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions today notified all U.S. Attorney’s Offices along the Southwest Border of a new “zero-tolerance policy” for offenses under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a), which prohibits both attempted illegal entry and illegal entry into the United States by an alien. The implementation of the Attorney General’s zero-tolerance policy
    The Department of Justice doesn't make law. They enforce it.

If you have a problem with the law, then change the law. Talk to your Congressman.

To complain that the Department of Justice is enforcing a law is retarded at best. The only thing dumber would be to instruct your Justice Department to NOT enforce the law.

Take a Civics course... you would sound less stupid. Still just as bitching and hormonal, but less stupid.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

It's Pelosi's fault? LOL. Who told you that?
    So much stupidity in this thread.. and no one is paying attention to you.

So I replied.

You're welcome.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I will never know why anyone bothers to argue with your retarded ass.
    Damn you Wrathbringer.. I WAS CLEARLY UPSET AND WANTED TO TELL EVERYONE WITH THREE POSTS IN A ROW AND YOU C-C-C-COMBO BROKE IT!

ASSHOLE!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME