Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Approval of Trump Way Up

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Because it isn't "Trump's policy" it's "Trump's approach to an existing policy." One of us is splitting hairs but it isn't me.

I also happen to agree with Mr. Gardner.
    Dude, this is from the Department of Justice. See the word policy? I can't believe you're even arguing this.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions today notified all U.S. Attorney’s Offices along the Southwest Border of a new “zero-tolerance policy” for offenses under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a), which prohibits both attempted illegal entry and illegal entry into the United States by an alien. The implementation of the Attorney General’s zero-tolerance policy

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    And another Republican speaks out. It's crazy that even with republicans saying this is a trump policy, the PC right still won't admit it.
    I think you're confused. No one has denied that this is Trump's policy. What people are pointing out is how no one gave a single damn when this was happening under Obama, but suddenly act like this is the biggest deal since Trump is doing it. In other words Trump may be enforcing this law, but he sure as hell isn't the first to do so.

Do you even remember what started this outrage? Someone posted a picture of illegal alien children in a cage and said Trump was doing it. The left had a tantrum the size of the Milky Way. Then the truth came out that the picture was from 2014 and suddenly the narrative changed to "But Trump doesn't HAVE to enforce our laws!! WAHH!"
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-19-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Do you seriously not know what bail is?
    You said most people picked up on misdemeanors stay in jail until their trial. Is that true? Sounds bullshit.

He said Nancy can do something about it other than pay lip service to the mindless drones that vote for her. But you knew that.
    No, he said Nancy doesn't give a fuck about kids because she didn't go up to the podium and introduce a new law to stop trump from his zero tolerance policy.

I think you're confused. No one has denied that this is Trump's policy. What people are pointing out is how no one gave a single damn when this was happening under Obama, but suddenly act like this is the biggest deal since Trump is doing it.

Do you even remember what started this outrage? Someone posted a picture of illegal alien children in a cage and said Trump was doing it. The left had a tantrum the size of the Milky Way. Then the truth came out that the picture was from 2014 and suddenly the narrative changed to "But Trump doesn't HAVE to enforce our laws!! WAHH!"
    You guys are denying it right now. RichardCranium is literally denying it in between your most recent posts.

Blog Entries

You guys are denying it right now. RichardCranium is literally denying it in between your most recent posts.
    Jesus. Fine, it's his policy to enforce this existing policy. I've never witnessed semantics outrage so I'm not sure how to react.

You said most people picked up on misdemeanors stay in jail until their trial.
    I didn't think I had to point out that bail exists. My mistake for giving you the benefit of the doubt there.

time4fun implied no misdemeanor results in being arrested and placed in jail when in fact almost all misdemeanors result in this. Yes bail exists but you ain't getting bail if the judge feels you won't show up for your court date, and gee, I wonder how many illegal aliens will show up for their court date for illegally entering the US?

No, he said Nancy doesn't give a fuck about kids because she didn't go up to the podium and introduce a new law to stop trump from his zero tolerance policy.
    Yeah. Exactly. Nancy has the power to introduce legislation that will stop what Trump is doing.

That's because you're just splitting hairs. By saying it's "Trump's policy" you are implying that Trump created this policy all on his own. That's not true in the slightest. It has existed for decades now, it just wasn't always enforced.

So is it Trump's policy to adopt a zero tolerance policy? Yes.

Did Trump "create" this policy? No.

Is Trump the first person to enforce this policy? No.

Can Trump say "I won't enforce the law of the land?" Yes.

Should he? No.

Can Congress pass legislation that will stop Trump and prevent any future presidents from doing this ever again? Yes.

Should they do that instead of just whining endlessly? Yes.

For fucks sakes.

Me: It's a trump policy

You: It's not a trump policy it's the dems

Me: Ya it is, Sessions announced it

You: It is a trump policy but but but …

It's Pelosi's fault? LOL. Who told you that?

Blog Entries

For fucks sakes.

If democrats are so fucking passionate about this, why the fuck are they not introducing legislation?

The answer is, they don't fucking care about kids, they care about making Trump look bad.

I mean if they really cared about children, democrats wouldn't support killing children in the womb but I digress.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

For fucks sakes.

It's because you seem to be talking about two different things. Let me try again.

The law Trump is utilizing is decades old. This law wasn't always enforced, although it has been enforced sometimes, even under the best president ever, Obama.

The "Trump policy" YOU are referring to is Trump saying he's going to 100% enforce the law.

So to recap; Trump didn't create this law, he's just enforcing it.

I've read what others are saying to you and this is my understanding of what they are saying as well. You so badly want people to say this is "Trump's policy" thinking Trump created this law to begin with. No. Stop that. Stop that right now. "Trump's policy" is to enforce the law Congress passed.

I've been talking about the same God Damn thing for three or four days now. Look at the hoops you will jump through to defend trump.