Thread: shield spike

Default shield spike

As a paladin who's been using shield bash/strike fairly often, do shield spikes make much of a difference? I'm only level 32, and the bash doesn't seem to be very reliable yet. Thanks in advance.
    Discord: danteprimus

Quote Originally Posted by Greng View Post
    As a paladin who's been using shield bash/strike fairly often, do shield spikes make much of a difference? I'm only level 32, and the bash doesn't seem to be very reliable yet. Thanks in advance.
    They really are more of a novelty than anything. I have shield spikes and additional flares on my tower shield. I block often, and have shield charge as a maneuver. It's pretty awesome to have like a war griffin snap at you, only to block it and have your shield spike go off, knocking it to the ground. Having added DS/TD/Ensorcell are probably better additions than a spike TBH. BUT, shield maneuvers are much more beneficial from your 40s onward and become less interesting from your 90's to cap, so you may find some added benefit from the spike until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Greng View Post
    It's a nice extra flare to a great maneuver. If you're going to bash, might as well have spikes.

Thanks for the great input. So how are spike added to a shield - is it a merchant only thing?