Thread: Official: The Art of Lore

Default Official: The Art of Lore

Maybe you're the type who finds yourself attuned to the elements...

>You draw your illthorn runestaff from your runestaff sling, tracing an arc of crackling lightning in its wake.

>A fiery plume of hissing smoke trails your illthorn runestaff as you stow it in your runestaff sling.

Maybe you've said your Blessings...

>A searing arc of radiant golden light trails your illthorn runestaff as you draw it from your runestaff sling.

Or maybe you're studied in Demonology...

>You touch your runestaff sling, and a cloud of black energy pulses from it to encompass your hand.

Either way, I can promise you almost everyone who wields a runestaff will enjoy what is to be discovered in The Art of Lore.

Sindin
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...rena/view/9137

Wizard fluff scripts will be unlocked at 200 ranks of their respective lore, probably.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Reply Reply
    >>How will these be able to be unlocked? I have one and like my fire with it, yay.<<

Well, that is TBD, but I may have oversold the unlocking...

The Third Tier is a very nice fluff feature that everyone will appreciate, and will not change anyone's life, and will be offered in abundance in the future. If you have a T2 sling, you have most of what the sling will ever offer.

The Fourth Tier is intended to be exceeeeedingly rare, and is pure fluff. It was never intended for release at this Duskruin, but we designed this item with long term intentions.

>>Any hint as to how much lore is needed for these to do fancy things? I dont' want to buy something that yells "you're young and you suck haha!" every time I put my staff away :P <<

For the elementals, it's actually not a lore requirement: you just need to be attuned to the element. And lightning is included!

For the lores, it's not a high requirement but it's not one rank. Someone will figure it out WINKY EMOJI. The design intention was: if you focus on a lore, you have the power to manifest this magic. To keep it from being noise that anyone can summon.

>>Are bards almost everyone? Asking for ... well, you know <<

You're a runestaff bard? Are you insane?? Well good because Mental lores are definitely included. I mean, Religion lore is included! Lores!

Sindin
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

This doesn't seem that useful to me coming from a separate item instead of being added to existing stuff. Are people really gonna give up their nice staves with flares and enchanting and ensorcelling just for a fluff script on a basically naked staff?

Maybe I'm not understanding the post correctly, I'm not doing DR so I can't check out the shop.
    Last edited by Velfi; 06-16-2018 at 12:54 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    This doesn't seem that useful to me coming from a separate item instead of being added to existing stuff. Are people really gonna give up their nice staves with flares and enchanting and ensorcelling just for a fluff script on a basically naked staff?

Maybe I'm not understanding the post correctly, I'm not doing DR so I can't check out the shop.
    its a sling not a staff i thought

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    its a sling not a staff i thought
    Yeah, looking at it again I think you're right, thanks. That's definitely more useful than being on the runestaff itself. With a sling/harness type thing, it should be possible to add that to melee weapons too I'd imagine, though who knows if they would do that.

Blog Entries

What room/building are these things even in?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

someone said they are 1.5k bs, seems a bit high.

9. Default

Anyone know where the shop is?