Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duskruin: June-July 2018 -- SPOILERS

Default Duskruin: June-July 2018 -- SPOILERS

This post contains SPOILERS. You have been warned!

The Duskruin grounds have changed, you need to update your map!

The first thing you should do is: ;repo download-mapdb
    The exit wagon has been tagged -- ;go2 exit -- to get out of duskruin.
    Consider adding an alias -- ;go2 save wagon=26905 so you can ;go2 wagon to get out.

You can reach the sewers via -- ;go2 sewer or ;go2 dr sewer
    You can reach the arena via -- ;go2 arena

Sewers:
    * ;repo download dr_sewers which has been updated.
    * ;dr_sewers will warn you when you win nice things, and also stop when you're carrying too much so you don't drop things on the ground.

* You now earn experience and fame in the sewers.
    * I was able to stay at must rest during my runs. (You can even go Saturated)
    * The "upgrades" to the new Bag of Holding are ONLY found in the sewer!
    * The moonshard pieces no longer drop in the sewers.

Arena:
    * You can now find RPA orbs in the arena, they'll be super rare.
    * The moonshard pendant is no longer dropped in the arena.

Bank Heist:
    There are spoilers below, stop reading if you don't want it spoiled.

STEP 1:
    There is a new tavern on Copper Road.
    * Go door to enter the tavern.
    * Upstairs you will find a ringleader and bandit.

The ringleader is found at [The Ophidian Cabal, Leader - 27159]
    The ringleader is the giver of the new Bag of Holding.

>ask ringleader about reward
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader informs, "If you are able to procure any items from the bank's vault, bring them to me in one of my treasure boxes, and I will give you a chest to hold your own personal items. Why is this container special, you ask? Well, it was recently developed to allow for mass storage in bank vaults, and I got my hands on one; don't you worry about how. Still, I'm willing to share my finds with you if you can bring me some of those vault items. In addition, if you happen to find one of those blood crystals, bring that to me, as well. I'll up the ante quite a bit." An Ophidian Cabal ringleader nods knowingly and continues, "On the other hand, if you find multiples of any individual item, you can bring them to me and I will compensate you appropriately for your efforts. Just GIVE the item to me."
    nything further with that. You'll have to go acquire more goods from the vault."

>ask ringleader about box
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader asks, "In need of a storage container for those stolen goods? I can loan one to you as long as you promise to return it to me filled with items from the bank's vault. Just ask me again about the box within 30 seconds to receive one."

** DO THIS TWICE TO GET THE BOX TO HOLD YOUR STOLEN GOODS **

>ask ringleader about stolen goods
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader says, "Look, Alastir... the bottom line is simple. I want those items from Bloodriven's bank. That's it. There's no hidden agenda, no cryptic motives. Bring me whatever you find and I'll make it worth your while. It should be obvious which items I'm after. Just make sure you closely inspect anything and everything you find."

Code:
    List of Stolen Goods:
    a fragile painted egg
    a gold-plated lead falcon
    an ornate whalebone pipe
    an oily kobold-filled painting
    an aged ebonwood mandolin
    a pair of glittering ruby slippers
    a quaint filigree-framed portrait
    an obsidian monkey-shaped vase
    an ornate diamond-drop ferroniere
    an oversized bronze war rat statue
    an oak-framed storm-tossed painting
    a water-stained grey vellum manuscript

* a multifaceted blood crystal
    * You will find multiples of most of these items, they can be given to the ringleader for bloodscrip.

>ask ringleader about crystal
    "Ahhh, the blood crystal. It is the most desired gem here in Bloodriven, and the most profitable, as well." An Ophidian Cabal ringleader gives a sly wink as he continues. "If you happen to stumble across one of these, go ahead and store it in a treasure BOX provided by yours truly. Or, if I have already given you one, bring both the crystal and box to me, and I will make you an offer you can't refuse. Hold the crystal in your right hand, and the box in your left hand, and ASK me about the CRYSTAL. If you already have a sack that's clasped with a blood crystal, I can't do anything further with that. You'll have to go acquire more goods from the vault."

>ask ringleader about sack
    "State of the art container, it is. It'll keep all of your possessions neatly organized in the most compact method possible," an Ophidian Cabal ringleader explains. "Truly an incredible piece of mastery."

>ask ringleader about wearable
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader informs, "That's right. I have a bit of tailoring skill under my belt. If you are fortunate enough to acquire a treasure sack with the blood crystal clasp on it, then for a few bloodscrip, I can attach a strap to allow for wearing. Back, shoulder, or belt, the choice is yours. Just ASK me about one of those options while holding that special container. It's that easy."

>ask ringleader about back
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader glances at your empty hand and says, "Yep, you heard right. I can attach a strap to a sack that has one of those blood crystal clasps, and then you can wear it on your back. It'll cost you 1,000 bloodscrip if you're interested. Hold the container in your right hand, and make sure you've got enough redeemed bloodscrip to cover the cost. I'll get you fixed up right away."

>ask ringleader about shoulder
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader glances at your empty hand and says, "Yep, you heard right. I can attach a strap to a sack that has one of those blood crystal clasps, and then you can wear it on your shoulder. It'll cost you 2,500 bloodscrip if you're interested. Hold the container in your right hand, and make sure you've got enough redeemed bloodscrip to cover the cost. I'll get you fixed up right away."

>ask ringleader about belt
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader glances at your empty hand and says, "Yep, you heard right. I can attach a strap to a sack that has one of those blood crystal clasps, and then you can wear it on your belt. It'll cost you 10,000 bloodscrip if you're interested. Hold the container in your right hand, and make sure you've got enough redeemed bloodscrip to cover the cost. I'll get you fixed up right away."

>ask ringleader about dust
    The ringleader says, "I haven't the foggiest idea where it's from, but whatever gave it its magical properties has got to be pretty powerful in its own right. This dust will make your sack a bit more sturdy, allowing its total carrying weight to be a bit higher."

>ask ringleader about material
    "I couldn't find enough of these useful squares of material. They can be tricky to incorporate into your sack, but it sure is helpful when you need more space." The ringleader pats his own treasure sack.

>ask ringleader about rod
    Pulling a small wooden rod from his belongings, the ringleader dangles it, almost tauntingly, in front of you. He says, "This here little wooden rod is used as a reinforcer in those pockets. It helps each compartment hold more items. Pretty useful, if you ask me."

>ask ringleader about thread
    The ringleader leans forward and beckons you closer, saying, "I really don't want to tell you about this because I'd like to keep it all for myself. The veniom thread is going to reduce the weight of your bag. These pieces of thread are truly a coveted item."

STEP 2:

** You have a total of 300 seconds to complete all 5 rooms before you are killed!
    * You may surrender at any point as long as you are not incapacitated.

There is a bandit found at [The Ophidian Cabal, Planning - 27160]

;repo download oc_heist
    ;repo download oc_timer
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...k-Heist-Script

If you "go bandit" you will enter the Bank of Bloodriven.

Once inside, you should HIDE or GO INVISIBLE and then OBSERVE.
    * This triggers a skill check based upon Perception, and possibly Survival.
    * If you do not have at least 1x perception, a sphere will roll into the room doing HP damage and causing several wounds.
    * If you OBSERVE from hiding or invisibility, you earn more bloodscrip.
    * 25 bloodscrip if you fail to observe, 35 if you observe from the open, 50 bloodscrip if you observe from hiding/invis.

Once you have OBSERVEd, a creature will appear that you will need to kill.
    Once you have killed the creature, you can STEAL and earn bloodscrip, or an item.
    Once you have used STEAL, you will be moved to another room, and you can do this up to 5 times.
    * These battles are like the arena battles, the creatures will use WARCRY, TACKLE and standard attacks.
    * RT does STACK.
    * The final creature cannot be crit killed.

There is an assassin found at [The Poisoned Heretics, Planning - 27168]

;repo download ph_heist
    ;repo download ph_timer

If you "go assassin" you will enter the Bank of Bloodriven.

* You must be at least 1x Hiding and Stalking & Perception to get full bloodscrip.

Once inside, you will need to HIDE.
    You will then need to WATCH (from hiding).
    Once you have WATCHed, a Silent Investor marauder will show up. You need to kill him and any watchdogs present.
    Once you have killed the creatures, you need to HIDE again!
    Then you can STALK, and you will be moved to another room.
    There are a total of 5 rooms.
    * The marauder will whistle for extra creatures, focus on him first!
    * Once you have completed all 5 rooms, HIDE and SNEAK again to get out.
    * You will be rewarded with bloodscrip, an artifact (for the bag of holding), treasure (like arena loot), and sometimes a special item used during heists/sewer runs/arena runs.

There is a marauder found at [Haunt of the Silent Investors - 27162]

;repo download si_heist
    ;repo download si_timer
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...k-Heist-Script

If you "go marauder" you will enter this third faction.
    You will need to use LISTEN, GUARD, SEARCH, and TRACK.
    There will be creatures to kill.
    You should have at least 1x perception, and possibly some survival training.

STEP 3:

You've found 12/12 of the stolen goods.
    Go to the ringleader, and give him your box.
    In return, you'll receive a TREASURE CHEST.
    12/12 gets you the minor Bag of Holding!
    (It weighs 8 pounds -- You carefully examine the treasure chest and determine that the weight is about 8 pounds.)

>anal chest
    You analyze your treasure chest and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "There do not seem to be any specific limitations."

The creator has also provided the following information:
    This chest is a Bag of Holding (minor) reward from the Bank Heist at Duskruin Arena. Items stored inside will count only as one item (the container). The current properties of this chest are as follows:

Unique Item Capacity: 1 items -- carrying 0 total items, 0 unique items
    Per-Item Capacity: Up to 10 of the same item
    Max Encum of Container: 50 pounds (currently carrying 0 pounds)
    Despite any messages below, this item cannot be lightened or deepened.

USAGE: DROP/PUT, POKE, PULL (to remove focused item), PUSH, RAISE, RUB, TOUCH, TURN (to set focus on an item to remove).

Important Note: GET will not work with this container.

You get no sense of whether or not the chest may be further lightened.

STEP 4:

Now the really RARE part....
    You remove a multifaceted blood crystal from in your burlap pouch.
    * This piece is golvern segment rare!

But, take your minor Bag of Holding back to the ringleader.

>ask ringleader about crystal
    An Ophidian Cabal ringleader says, "You got your paws on a blood crystal? Well, then... you're the kind of worker I'm after. I'll keep my word and reward you handsomely for bringing me that crystal. Here, let me unburden you of that, and in return, I'll trade you a final time, and give you a sack that has a special clasp on it. It'll only take a moment, and if you have anything stored, I'll be sure to move it over to the new container."

With that, the ringleader takes both the crystal and the chest from you, pockets the crystal and pulls a sack from beneath an oversized dark wooden desk. "See? I said only a moment, and it wasn't a minute longer. I believe you'll find this most versatile. Return to me if you find more."

You now have a MAJOR Bag of Holding!

>anal sack
    You analyze your treasure sack and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "There do not seem to be any specific limitations."

The creator has also provided the following information:
    This sack is a Bag of Holding (major) reward from the Bank Heist at Duskruin Arena. Items stored inside will count only as one item (the container). The current properties of this sack are as follows:

Unique Item Capacity: 10 items -- carrying 0 total items, 0 unique items
    Per-Item Capacity: Up to 10 of the same item
    Max Encum of Container: 50 pounds (currently carrying 0 pounds)
    Weight Reduction: 0%

Despite any messages below, this item cannot be lightened or deepened.

USAGE: DROP/PUT, POKE, PULL (to remove focused item), PUSH, RAISE, RUB, TOUCH, TURN (to set focus on an item to remove).

Important Note: GET will not work with this container.

You get no sense of whether or not the sack may be further lightened.
    Last edited by Alastir; 06-24-2018 at 08:52 PM.

[Bloodriven Village, Hushed Park - 26839]
    Encircled by bright hedges, the small park is oddly tidy in comparison to other sections of the town. Clean, bright red bricks form a patio of sorts where a large grey stone fountain quietly burbles amid greyish-pink water lilies and daisies. You also see a low stone bench.
    Obvious paths: out

>go stairc
    [Haunt of the Silent Investors - ]
    Large cobblestone blocks, grey and slippery from years of water damage, form the walls of this circular section of sewer, their smooth faces interrupted by the placement of pipes and drains. A long marble staircase follows the curve of the wall, providing egress for denizens, beneath which are pendant lanterns crafted of glowing witch-balls that are filled with bright white lights. Two tunnels lead away from the area, each with a small black pennant that prominently displays an ivory raven skull with a bound beak. You also see a smooth white marble table supported by ebon legs with some stuff on it and a rugged Silent Investor marauder.
    Obvious exits: northeast, southwest

Thanks for the primer, the first time I did it was a bit confusing, this helped. Much happier to read these and figure out how the mechanics work first rather than wasting a couple dollars being confused as to why orbs were flying at me

Any way around those orb things?
    -----
    Discord: Aramund on GSIV server

Quote Originally Posted by aramund View Post
    Any way around those orb things?
    From what I've found from doing the Ophidian Cabal ones is if you OBSERVE from hidden (or I'm assuming invisible) the sphere doesn't roll it. It only rolls in if you've been detected, which for me would happen if I was standing out in the open while observing.

I haven't tried the other ones yet, anyone have any tips for those? I'm liking the OC Bank Heist so far though, it's like a middle-intensity version of the arena, which was something I've always had a really hard time with.

Updated with Poisoned Heretics info.

Blog Entries

What does the Iasha all professions unlock mean?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

^ Updated with Minor/Major Bag of Holding deets.

^ Updated with more things.

^