Thread: Max CS?

Default Max CS?

Anyone know the optimal allotment of spell ranks for max empath CS? As best I can figure, the last three ranks I place don't seem to make any difference. With 67/67/169, my CS is 508, but I can drop empath ranks as low as 167 without any difference.

I guess my real question is, if these last three ranks don't change anything, do I really need them?

I put the other 3 ranks into 100s. It is useful to me for +3 CS with 100s circle for 135 and for an extra +4 DS/TD from 102/120.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Yep, I think the winner is 166/70/67 Empath/Minor/Major. Same CS, more DS.

Hmm, this makes me want to untrain my 301st and 302nd spell ranks and put those points in MMC instead.

What minor spirit warding spells do you use? I pretty much haven't used a warding spell in either spiritual circle in years cause my CS is so lousy.

I use Unbalance to keep a defender or combatant too busy to maneuver me while I deal with other stuff sometimes, and Blinding Light (135) can be fun in bandit groups for a novelty. You're right, though - I could not give less of a shit about my CS with any circle but Empath base.

135 is mainly for Reim but also a good secondary option for bandits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Seems like 1108 would be more effective against combatants. I did use 135 for a while in Reim, but once I got enough telepathy lore I switched to 1120 and now I can actually hit more than like 1/4 of the creatures in each wave.

Not sure why I didn't think to lob a 1108 at combos instead of 110, but yeah. If it's good enough to keep GWEs busy/make them go away, it'll work on the tritons.

I haven't gone in Reim but 135 makes a lot of sense since you want to hit everything... but unless the spiritual TDs are real bad I can see missing plenty too with a standard max Empath base CS spell setup.

Yeah, 1108 is my go-to disabler. It's nice cause of the chance of insta-kill, too (unless you're trying to disable it for someone else to hit, then that's annoying). It's bullshit that you can't use it against undead even with lore, though.