Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Court: The People vs Methias

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    He'd have to show evidence of damages, and being that no one here knows anything personally identifiable about him it wouldn't go anywhere. Besides, he's been going around calling people wifebeaters and sending loads of neg rep among other things, so he's done the same things he's butthurt about.
    I don't think you actually have to know someone's RL person for cyberbullying. Slander, sure, but cyberbullying can cause psychological damages. He'd have to prove that, of course, but there are probably shady shrinks about.

It wouldn't encessarily fall apart from his comments either. It could be the gasps of a poor bullied kid trying to push back, but just failing.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I don't think you actually have to know someone's RL person for cyberbullying. Slander, sure, but cyberbullying can cause psychological damages. He'd have to prove that, of course, but there are probably shady shrinks about.

It wouldn't encessarily fall apart from his comments either. It could be the gasps of a poor bullied kid trying to push back, but just failing.
    AFAIK cyberbullying falls under personal injury laws, and you can't injure a username. None of this follows him into real life, or even other websites. He could try to claim he's got psychological damage or whatever, but I don't see any lawyer trying for that on contingency.

Also, this last bit started when he kept claiming PB was a wifebeater. I think that would definitely have some impact in any theoretical lawsuit.
    Last edited by Taernath; 06-13-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

AFAIK cyberbullying falls under personal injury laws, and you can't injure a username. None of this follows him into real life, or even other websites. He could try to claim he's got psychological damage or whatever, but I don't see any lawyer trying for that on contingency.
    From what I'm reading... It is 1st Amendment protected free speech unless we post actual personal identifying data.

If he did try to sue us for cyberbullying, the ACLU would actually have our back.

Many of the laws concerning it are for "cyberstalking" which is an adult communicating with a minor.

Pk, however, would be guilty under Illinois cyberbullying statutes for threatening Matthew Capozzo's job security.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-13-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries

From what I'm reading... It is 1st Amendment protected free speech unless we post actual personal identifying data.
    You mean like he did with Methais? lol
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

You mean like he did with Methais? lol
    I EDITED MY POST TO INCLUDE THAT PAL

Blog Entries

You have to be classy to participate in a class action.
    Busted.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Did we finally manage to drive pk away from the PC? He's usually unable to stop himself from commenting when he gets mocked.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Did we finally manage to drive pk away from the PC? He's usually unable to stop himself from commenting when he gets mocked.
    Nah, he'll be back in a month or so pretending nothing ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I hear his lawyer has advised him to stay away from the PC while the lawsuit is under way so as not to taint the jury selection in the upcoming grand trial of the century.

10. Default

The judge has been recused and disbarred.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...aven-Melt-Down