Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedback / thoughts on my Level 19 Rogue before I train in 20

Default Looking for some feedback / thoughts on my Level 19 Rogue before I train in 20

Want my Rogue to be a solid picker with pretty excellent combat skills. What are your current thoughts on my stat placement and training? Am I doing things right?

Name: Karnamm Race: Dark Elf Profession: Rogue
    Level: 19 Gender: Male Age: 47

Experience:
    Experience: 441610 Next level at: 470000 exp.
    Exp. until next lvl: 28390
    Fame: 694056 Deeds: 13 Deaths this level: 0
    Your mind is muddled.

Wealth:
    Silvers: 3806 coins

Skills:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 120 30
    Shield Use.........................| 86 19
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 142 42
    Edged Weapons......................| 142 42
    Ambush.............................| 142 42
    Physical Fitness...................| 93 21
    Harness Power......................| 50 10
    Disarming Traps....................| 142 42
    Picking Locks......................| 142 42
    Stalking and Hiding................| 142 42
    Perception.........................| 142 42
    Climbing...........................| 50 10
    Pickpocketing......................| 142 42
    Training Points: 0 Phy 62 Mnt (8 Mnt converted to Phy)
    (Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

342 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2019.

Your 30 day migration period will begin when you choose to degrade a skill.

Further information can be found in the FAQs.

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
    Strength (STR): 96 (23) ... 96 (23)
    Constitution (CON): 74 (7) ... 74 (7)
    Dexterity (DEX): 96 (33) ... 96 (33)
    Agility (AGL): 84 (22) ... 84 (22)
    Discipline (DIS): 84 (7) ... 84 (7)
    Aura (AUR): 73 (21) ... 73 (21)
    Logic (LOG): 89 (19) ... 89 (19)
    Intuition (INT): 39 (0) ... 39 (0)
    Wisdom (WIS): 65 (12) ... 65 (12)
    Influence (INF): 34 (-13) ... 34 (-13)

Encumbrance:

You feel somewhat weighed down, but can still move well, though you realize you are not as quick as you could be.

you need arcane symbols for scarabs
    Last edited by Derex; 06-13-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    standing between the living and the dead

If you aren't going to learn spells, you need some way to get 403/404 to be a solid smith too.

Prob only 1x armor and drop pickpocketing if you want to be a better picker
    standing between the living and the dead

Your build looks fine. You'll be able to open boxes your level with 2x pick/disarm fairly easily until around ... 40ish? By then you should have saved up enough TPs to get 4 ranks of spell research, letting you 2x the rest of the way to cap (though at cap you'll struggle with 1/3rd of your like-level boxes if you're only 2x pick/disarm by then). There will be some exceptions to this, like undead boxes being notoriously hard for their level, but you'll be able to figure that out as you go along.

If you want to be super safe with scarabs, 5-10 ranks of arcane symbols will make scarabs a breeze, provided you don't fumble a roll. You can still get by without any arcane symbols, but you'll want to disarm your scarabs twice to be safe (which loses a little value).

If you need to cut some TP fat, Derex has the right targets. You can always skimp on armor and pickpocketing is more of a roleplaying than lucrative investment with the current population numbers.

Part of the ?? was Stats. Wisdom will help you greatly in disarming down the road, and it's a little too far tanked. While your main growing stats are pushed higher.. Which is no big deal if you plan on buying a fixstat down the road but for right now I feel like even if your end goal is level 50 some of your main stats are higher than what they need to be while others are tanked.

I'd put armor on hold at least until you are caught up to only 1x.. you're already good for brig.. that will free up points for learning up to 404 slowly, or possibly 1.5x shield instead of just 1x... or even some dodge... and 2x CM has to be a killing as far as TP's go..you could probably taper that off just a bit to become more well rounded in other skills.

Also i guess society comes into play, with are you using spirit or stamina?
    Last edited by Roiken; 06-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.

I know there’s a point where dodge isn’t all that useful when you have a tower shield and the right amount of shield training, but I forget what that point is. You might need to consider that. I think it’s something like 2x shield with a tower leaving you needing zero dodge vs 1x shield leaving you needing 1x dodge to make the same EVP difference. But I could be wrong. It’s been a decade since I used a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    I know there’s a point where dodge isn’t all that useful when you have a tower shield and the right amount of shield training, but I forget what that point is. You might need to consider that. I think it’s something like 2x shield with a tower leaving you needing zero dodge vs 1x shield leaving you needing 1x dodge to make the same EVP difference. But I could be wrong. It’s been a decade since I used a shield.

Ambush with tower shield = the suck

All - I am so happy with the excellent feedback and help.

First, I will get to rank 10 in Arcane Symbols.

Second, I have been fighting a 6 sec rt with the Brig I am currently wearing. Will this ever go away or should I train down and just go with leather? Or should I train up and go with a stronger armor?

Third, I was of the understanding the combat maneuvers are huge and shield use is only important in stance d. Perhaps I was talking to the wrong person.

Finally, I have struggled somewhat with the stat calc.....I don't know why, but I did 20 years ago too.

What do you think my stats should be closer too?

Thanks again.....community here is great

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    Ambush with tower shield = the suck
    I am using a kidney shield that is vultite