Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedback / thoughts on my Level 19 Rogue before I train in 20

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I'll let you know if anybody ever sees me and says anything about it. Even when seen mechanically I haven't been confronted (and it happens a lot, considering the level difference). Most people go afk when they rest because we're adults now and have children and wives and husbands and sad, annoying responsibilities.
    If they choose to do that, it is their choice. Personally I killed a little rogue that got mouthy with my 88 train wizard because he was just being a brat, not in an RP way, just telling me to mind my own business, so, he got to die. If he had tried to RP his way out of it he likely would have been left alone. I only recently discovered that verb, prior to that I thought all you could do was accuse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    If they choose to do that, it is their choice. Personally I killed a little rogue that got mouthy with my 88 train wizard because he was just being a brat, not in an RP way, just telling me to mind my own business, so, he got to die. If he had tried to RP his way out of it he likely would have been left alone. I only recently discovered that verb, prior to that I thought all you could do was accuse.
    I used to RP it a little if I got caught. After hiding. Too many people were trigger happy back then.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I had the skilled and tried it on a couple of people using bigshot when I first started back up....around 18 or 19....2 people caught me. One swung at me and ran like a little bitch. The other said that I was pretty cool and he was watching it in his other screen or something....like it popper up in his window. He appreciated it and said it was pretty funny and most people would never catch it anymore.

Picking pockets is all fine and dandy until someone older than you sees it and issues a challenge. Is the death worth a few thousand silver?
    Well, as a younger thief, I'd recommend making friends with other thieves that can help back you up (or anyone willing to back you up, really.). Not in a PvP fashion, but RP wise, and for the stealing bonus. Also, +PP enhancives are fairly cheap and not too hard to find in player shops. In fact I have tons myself that I could sell.

As for my thief, the attacker is the one that will end up asking themselves whether it was worth dying over a few silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think you and I may have a different idea on what is "good money" then.
    If you are trying to maximize your XP gain, then you will have to rest at a node. Pickpocketing IS good money, if you consider that you are making 0 silvers when resting, otherwise.

Granted, I ultimately think stealing should be more of an RP thing than purely to make money. No matter how good you are, you will get caught, which opens up the way for good RP.

And honestly, don't take my original comment too seriously - It was largely in jest. I understand that pickpocketing is not for most people, and is especially tough at lower levels. But I also hate how it ALWAYS gets recommended to drop, when a person SHOULD bloody choose it, if they want to RP a thief. If it's fun for you, that is ultimately more valuable than most things you could train in.

You'd think training PP is a mutant build, anymore...
    Last edited by Mobius1; 07-30-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, as a younger thief, I'd recommend making friends with other thieves that can help back you up (or anyone willing to back you up, really.). Not in a PvP fashion, but RP wise, and for the stealing bonus. Also, +PP enhancives are fairly cheap and not too hard to find in player shops. In fact I have tons myself that I could sell.

As for my thief, the attacker is the one that will end up asking themselves whether it was worth dying over a few silvers.

If you are trying to maximize your XP gain, then you will have to rest at a node. Pickpocketing IS good money, if you consider that you are making 0 silvers when resting, otherwise.

Granted, I ultimately think stealing should be more of an RP thing than purely to make money. No matter how good you are, you will get caught, which opens up the way for good RP.

And honestly, don't take my original comment too seriously - It was largely in jest. I understand that pickpocketing is not for most people, and is especially tough at lower levels. But I also hate how it ALWAYS gets recommended to drop, when a person SHOULD bloody choose it, if they want to RP a thief. If it's fun for you, that is ultimately more valuable than most things you could train in.

You'd think training PP is a mutant build, anymore...
    Well in your case, and I am sure if my rogue was trained in it as well, the only person that might see you would be another rogue that is close to your train.

I have no issue with the mechanic being in the game, it can be a lot of fun. There is someone, and I forget his name right now, who used to try and pickpocket in the tower, not a very smart place to try. We caught him and in the process of dealing with the situation I meant to just cut his leg off but it turned out I killed him. He was a good sport about it and even sat and talked to me while I served my time in the stocks, I had never done the the stocks so I wanted to see. So I see a lot of potential for fun and RP from it. I would never discourage someone from doing it, I would say that most of the suggestions here to not do it were an attempt get the most efficient hunting build you can at younger trains when TP's are tighter and still be an efficient picker. You know as well as anyone that it is easy to get lost in skills since most of them are pretty darn cheap for a rogue.

I wish I could remember that guys name, it started with a C I think. A lot of people disliked him but he was always nice to me.

Blog Entries

Well in your case, and I am sure if my rogue was trained in it as well, the only person that might see you would be another rogue that is close to your train.

I have no issue with the mechanic being in the game, it can be a lot of fun. There is someone, and I forget his name right now, who used to try and pickpocket in the tower, not a very smart place to try. We caught him and in the process of dealing with the situation I meant to just cut his leg off but it turned out I killed him. He was a good sport about it and even sat and talked to me while I served my time in the stocks, I had never done the the stocks so I wanted to see. So I see a lot of potential for fun and RP from it. I would never discourage someone from doing it, I would say that most of the suggestions here to not do it were an attempt get the most efficient hunting build you can at younger trains when TP's are tighter and still be an efficient picker. You know as well as anyone that it is easy to get lost in skills since most of them are pretty darn cheap for a rogue.

I wish I could remember that guys name, it started with a C I think. A lot of people disliked him but he was always nice to me.
    I used to catch people all the time, as a rogue or not. I always had a cursed diopside or so, and when I noticed stuff missing I'd look around. Pretty easy to spot a thief when they don't have stealth put and are constantly putting items away.

So lack of knowledge on blessed items......

How do I tell if an item can be blessed? Again, I swing with 2 weapons, so what type of weapons should I use?

I imagine I should go to Dreaven for blessings?

If I recall correctly pretty much anything that does not have a flare is now blessable and there might even be some that can if it is in the script slot I think. For sure if it can be enchanted by a player then it can be blessed.

Blog Entries

If I recall correctly pretty much anything that does not have a flare is now blessable and there might even be some that can if it is in the script slot I think. For sure if it can be enchanted by a player then it can be blessed.
    Players can enchant flaring items!

Weighted crap can be blessed now, and so can anything that could be before with adequate Cleric ranks or Voln steps. I believe weighted items become impossible to bless after Heavy weighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Players can enchant flaring items!

Weighted crap can be blessed now, and so can anything that could be before with adequate Cleric ranks or Voln steps. I believe weighted items become impossible to bless after Heavy weighting.
    That's true, flaring can be enchanted now, my bad. But flaring cannot be blessed, unless maybe it is in the script slot, I would have to check for that. I know that the number of swings from a bless go down dramatically on anything over heavy, someone did research on it somewhere.