Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Looking for some feedback / thoughts on my Level 19 Rogue before I train in 20

  1. #31

    Default

    To rolfards point, if you want the best compromise to picking and hunting then either ranged or UAC will likely be your best bet. I love UAC, I have a 47 train UAC wizard that is a blast, having said that I have an idea in my head of a rogue being from Assassins Creed, which means a blade. The first thing I would say is, figure out what you want your rogue to be, in your head, how do you see it, then train for that. I got 3 rogues to mid 20's in GS3 before I settled on my current one, it is a lot easier to fix mistakes now or change your mind.

    I have never played with ranged, but it seems pretty potent.
    Last edited by kutter; 06-14-2018 at 05:08 PM.

  2. #32

    Default

    Along with the RT and TPS side of going UAC an 8x medium shield will set you back about 15 million typically depending on spikes etc ... a 7-8x perfect falchion will set you back equally as much as far as silver..
    Getting into 5x-6x wraps and boots maybe 3

  3. Default

    Here are my starting stats - thoughts??

    Level 0 Stats for Karnamm, Dark Elf Rogue

    Strength (STR): 90
    Constitution (CON): 69
    Dexterity (DEX): 90
    Agility (AGI): 75
    Discipline (DIS): 80
    Aura (AUR): 69
    Logic (LOG): 85
    Intuition (INT): 20
    Wisdom (WIS): 62
    Influence (INF): 20

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    Along with the RT and TPS side of going UAC an 8x medium shield will set you back about 15 million typically depending on spikes etc ... a 7-8x perfect falchion will set you back equally as much as far as silver..
    Getting into 5x-6x wraps and boots maybe 3
    I’ve never seen an 8x shield that cheap. last plain 8x medium sold for 23m two weeks ago
    You remove a flask of old dirt brown ale from in your loot sack.
    >drink my ale
    You take a drink from your dirt brown ale.
    It is thick with mold.
    You have 6 quaffs left.
    You actually put that in your mouth?! Not a wise choice, if you care about your health.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    Here are my starting stats - thoughts??

    Level 0 Stats for Karnamm, Dark Elf Rogue

    Strength (STR): 90
    Constitution (CON): 69
    Dexterity (DEX): 90
    Agility (AGI): 75
    Discipline (DIS): 80
    Aura (AUR): 69
    Logic (LOG): 85
    Intuition (INT): 20
    Wisdom (WIS): 62
    Influence (INF): 20
    According to the trainer from http://www.nitefallz.com/ you'll end up with 100/94/100/100/100/91/100/82/78/64 which isn't the worst but it's far from ideal at cap.

    From messing with the stat maximizer on the same page, it looks like you could end up with all 100s except for a 91 in Aura and Inf at cap. However, you have to think about where you want your stats to peak. If you plan on playing all the way to cap, then it makes sense to have your stats optimize when you hit 100 as you get the best possible stat results. If you only want to play to 60 though, then having your stats peak earlier can make sense for what you want to do, at the expense of wasted longer-term gains and a fixstat down the road if you decide to change them.

    Optimizing for 100 will result in some of your stats maybe not being as high as you'd like them as you're leveling though, such as str/agi/dex.

  6. #36

    Default

    Range is fun but managing arrows can be tedious (particularly with blessed arrows), however, you get used to it after a while (if you write macros to do most of the work for you, it isn't bad). It's also pretty easy to find critters who can be one-shot to the eye, but at 20, you'll still have a lot of issues hitting your target so it's likely to be a lot slower going. A nice thing about range from hiding vs any other weapon is that once you're good enough at it, firing an arrow typically won't pull you out of hiding. Probably the biggest leg up that range has over any other weapon is that your AS is based on the enchant of the bow + the arrow, so if you're using a +25 bow and master fletched arrows (+25), you get the AS equivalent to a 10x weapon. But good luck killing anything in plate. It's doable, but it takes forever, so you'll need to be selective sometimes with where you hunt (in OTF, I just pass over the stuff that doesn't play nicely).

    I can attest to TWC being a fun build. I used it for 40+ levels as an ambushing rogue from hiding with dual shortswords and I loved it, but it is going to be more TP intensive since you have to 2x whichever weapon you use and 1x-2x TWC in order to boost your offhand AS and your chance to hit. I switched from TWC to range I think in my 80's so I forget exactly what I put into it, but I think I went either 1.25x or 1.5x TWC and I did just fine. I had no issue hitting with my main-hand, so I put my higher enchant weapon in my offhand to make up the AS difference.

    I never played with UAC but I hear it's a blast with ambush as a rogue.

    As for combat maneuvers at cap as a range from hiding rogue, I use vanish (an absolute must for me), shadow mastery, mobility, toughness (1 rank is cheap and gives you an extra 15hp), disarm (defend against being disarmed), and cunning defense (defend against all maneuvers).

    I'm not sure how much dodge you need with 1x shield use and a smaller shield, but it adds directly to your DS and your chance to dodge attacks, so it's an important skill to consider (especially with how cheap it is to train as a rogue).

    For picking, like it's been said already, you can get by with 2x pick and 2x disarm (other than the random critters that tend to spawn obnoxiously difficult boxes), and if you can't afford 403/404 for a while, having a caster friend will suffice. Until I was closer to cap, I only ever trained 10 ranks of arcane symbols and I was able to disarm every scarab on the ground without any issues.

    For stats, decide whether you want to cap your prime stats around 50 or at cap and go from there. There's a spreadsheet around here somewhere that will show you stat growth by level and allow you to assign points accordingly to accommodate your style. If you want to set your stats to make your exp gain ever so slightly faster and max your prime stats earlier, you'll likely need a fixskill down the road (25m or so), but if that doesn't bother you, you can make leveling a lot easier. If you set your stats to hit 100 at cap, then leveling will be a little more tedious and slow.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    According to the trainer from http://www.nitefallz.com/ you'll end up with 100/94/100/100/100/91/100/82/78/64 which isn't the worst but it's far from ideal at cap.

    From messing with the stat maximizer on the same page, it looks like you could end up with all 100s except for a 91 in Aura and Inf at cap. However, you have to think about where you want your stats to peak. If you plan on playing all the way to cap, then it makes sense to have your stats optimize when you hit 100 as you get the best possible stat results. If you only want to play to 60 though, then having your stats peak earlier can make sense for what you want to do, at the expense of wasted longer-term gains and a fixstat down the road if you decide to change them.

    Optimizing for 100 will result in some of your stats maybe not being as high as you'd like them as you're leveling though, such as str/agi/dex.
    Do you have some recommendations? Let's just say I play until I am 70. I don't need the perfect character because let's be honest, being imperfect makes the game fun.

    Someone recommended I increase wisdom....what should I adjust?

    Do I need better Const? I am Guardian of Sunfist.

    Is Aura even valuable to rogues?

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    Do you have some recommendations? Let's just say I play until I am 70. I don't need the perfect character because let's be honest, being imperfect makes the game fun.

    Someone recommended I increase wisdom....what should I adjust?

    Do I need better Const? I am Guardian of Sunfist.

    Is Aura even valuable to rogues?
    Wisdom contributes to your spiritual TD, Aura to your elemental TD. Aura also effects how much spirit you have, and aura+wisdom determines mana for a rogue.

    If you play with the spreadsheet, you can plug in your starting stats and see how they work out over the levels, and then tweak them from there for where you want your gains aimed at.

    Going for sub-optimal stats to have more fun is not a bad idea necessarily, if you hunt your bounties pretty religiously you will easily end up with over 1m bounty points before cap, which you can use to buy a fixstat potion.

    My advice would be to educate yourself on the stats on the wiki and use the resources/spreadsheet on the nitefallz site, you will understand how the stats affect you and can plan your character effectively.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Wisdom contributes to your spiritual TD, Aura to your elemental TD. Aura also effects how much spirit you have, and aura+wisdom determines mana for a rogue.

    If you play with the spreadsheet, you can plug in your starting stats and see how they work out over the levels, and then tweak them from there for where you want your gains aimed at.

    Going for sub-optimal stats to have more fun is not a bad idea necessarily, if you hunt your bounties pretty religiously you will easily end up with over 1m bounty points before cap, which you can use to buy a fixstat potion.

    My advice would be to educate yourself on the stats on the wiki and use the resources/spreadsheet on the nitefallz site, you will understand how the stats affect you and can plan your character effectively.
    Thanks so much for the info. I am messing with the master spreadsheet right now. Everyone gets one fixstat anyways and you can always buy them right?

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    Thanks so much for the info. I am messing with the master spreadsheet right now. Everyone gets one fixstat anyways and you can always buy them right?

    you get an annual fixskill , the only way you get a FIXSTAT is through earning enough bps, or simucoins, paying silver/usd for one someone else has earned/bought.

    after level 20 of course, so get it the way you like prior.
    Last edited by Roiken; 06-14-2018 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added the lvl 20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •