Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedback / thoughts on my Level 19 Rogue before I train in 20

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    Also i guess society comes into play, with are you using spirit or stamina?
    my stamina at 19 is 55

I am part of Sunfist - my 8 task currently

Should this be higher? Const improves this?

2. Default

What I can say is single both armor and shield use, stealing needs to go.. it's really not a practical skill, you might also consider lowing cman to about 1.75x training, that will free up a bit of points for learning arcane symbols and towards lock and trap lores. You will need to get 15 ranks in arcane to disarm a scarab on the ground you can disarm in current shape, which basically means without lore up you can disarm the max your skill normally and for bigger ones which you needed lore to cast up, you have to cast up lore to assuredly disarm it on the ground. Getting 20 ranks in arcane basically makes it so you can disarm any scarab on the ground regardless of lores up. To free up some more points you can lower perception and ambush about 5-6 ranks with being just as effective. No dodging? And what are the cman skills you currently know?

I agree with dropping the pickpocketing, that's just a waste of TPs unless RP is that important to you. Also I would recommend considering going the UAC route, I find it enjoyable as a rogue and they're basically the best class for it. It would allow you to consolidate your OHE/shield TPs which can give you more to spread around.

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    Second, I have been fighting a 6 sec rt with the Brig I am currently wearing. Will this ever go away or should I train down and just go with leather? Or should I train up and go with a stronger armor?
    You only need 30 ranks of AU for brig if you're not factoring in spell hindrance, your 6sec RT at this point is likely from your encumbrance. I think brig is fine for a rogue if you want to primarily rely on hiding, ambushing and dodging. edit: Or brig now and work on getting into chain down the line for a bit more protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    You will need to get 15 ranks in arcane to disarm a scarab on the ground you can disarm in current shape, which basically means without lore up you can disarm the max your skill normally and for bigger ones which you needed lore to cast up, you have to cast up lore to assuredly disarm it on the ground. Getting 20 ranks in arcane basically makes it so you can disarm any scarab on the ground regardless of lores up.
    I don't believe this is correct. I feel that 10 ranks is all that is needed for safe and effective disarming of floor scarabs, and that's all I've ever heard from other locksmiths.
    Last edited by Velfi; 06-14-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: or chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    What I can say is single both armor and shield use, stealing needs to go.. it's really not a practical skill, you might also consider lowing cman to about 1.75x training, that will free up a bit of points for learning arcane symbols and towards lock and trap lores. You will need to get 15 ranks in arcane to disarm a scarab on the ground you can disarm in current shape, which basically means without lore up you can disarm the max your skill normally and for bigger ones which you needed lore to cast up, you have to cast up lore to assuredly disarm it on the ground. Getting 20 ranks in arcane basically makes it so you can disarm any scarab on the ground regardless of lores up. To free up some more points you can lower perception and ambush about 5-6 ranks with being just as effective. No dodging? And what are the cman skills you currently know?
    I will start saving up to be able to cast the elemental spells. I have a wizard friend who I thought could help me, but it sure sounds like I will need to focus on these more.

So I played literally 20 years ago. Funny story, but I was the original moderator here and the duelers arena. I know nothing about the combat maneuvers (cman) either didn't exist back then or really wasn't that powerful. I did complete some of the rogue guild, but felt like none of those skills actually became handy. What CMan's are handy to rogues? what contribute to these skills?

Sorry for my ignorance on some of these things....

should I 1x shield and 1x Dodge? Again, I didn't think shield contributed to my over DS when in Offensive Stance.

I have played the risky game of picking up scarabs BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I agree with dropping the pickpocketing, that's just a waste of TPs unless RP is that important to you. Also I would recommend considering going the UAC route, I find it enjoyable as a rogue and they're basically the best class for it. It would allow you to consolidate your OHE/shield TPs which can give you more to spread around.
    I really do not know much about UAC. Basically, you fight creatures with your bare hands and combat maneuvers? How do you get such a strong DS? I already dropped pick pocketing.

You only need 30 ranks of AU for brig if you're not factoring in spell hindrance, your 6sec RT at this point is likely from your encumbrance. I think brig is fine for a rogue if you want to primarily rely on hiding, ambushing and dodging. edit: Or brig now and work on getting into chain down the line for a bit more protection.
    It must be the encumbrance. It really sucks to have a 6 sec AMBUSH RT. Is there something I am missing for encumbrance?

What do you think about my current stats?

I will start saving up to be able to cast the elemental spells. I have a wizard friend who I thought could help me, but it sure sounds like I will need to focus on these more.

So I played literally 20 years ago. Funny story, but I was the original moderator here and the duelers arena. I know nothing about the combat maneuvers (cman) either didn't exist back then or really wasn't that powerful. I did complete some of the rogue guild, but felt like none of those skills actually became handy. What CMan's are handy to rogues? what contribute to these skills?
    403 & 404 from a wizard or someone else is still useful, you just gain more to the size of lock/trap you can work on from your own lores vs someone else's. Sweep and subdue can be useful, and I suppose some of the cheapshots though I've not really used them personally. If you're worried about being a good smith, however, Lock Mastery is extremely useful in the long run but is on par with alchemy I'd imagine for how frustrating it can be to train.

As for CMANs, I struggle for cman points as a 3x smith but I like mobility, shadow mastery and punch mastery, personally (and feint, natch.)

I really do not know much about UAC. Basically, you fight creatures with your bare hands and combat maneuvers? How do you get such a strong DS?
    UAC you're fighting with your hands & feet, but you can get UAC gloves/handwraps and boots/footwraps that can be enchanted, adding to your offense and defense, which are a little different from the normal AS/DS. You are able to use different attacks like jab, punch, kick and grapple, and using the right ones you tier up and land much stronger strikes. https://gswiki.play.net/Unarmed_combat_system

It must be the encumbrance. It really sucks to have a 6 sec AMBUSH RT. Is there something I am missing for encumbrance? What do you think about my current stats?
    Ambush adds 1s to your RT. For your stats, post what you get from info start , I'm not the greatest mathing up your stats type.

edit: Forgot to mention, since it seems like it's important to you: UAC strikes will have a lower RT than traditional weapons, you can do an unaimed punch or jab in 3s RT, or aimed in 4, I think grapple too? Kick is a little slower. I primarily stick to jab and punch, with the occasional grapple for spice.
    Last edited by Velfi; 06-14-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks Velfi - I did not know how to pull my starting stats. I will get this posted when I get home tonight.

Ranged is another very strong option for rogues too, though ammo management leaves something to be desired.

The problem with rogues is that TP's tends to be cheap in so many skills so it is very easy to dabble and water things down. My rogue is 71, he is a few ranks over fully doubled in picking skills, fully doubled in OHE and TWC, CMAN, S&H and I think about 1.6 in dodge. He has 4 spells and I only occasionally get a box I cannot handle, this will probably get slightly worse, so I may have to bring picking skills up some. Everything is a compromise, my rogue is primarily a hunter that picks, my friends rogues is primarily a picker that hunts so she is 3 times in picking skills. If you want to focus on hunting then set up skills to hunt and get what you can in picking, but it should be at 2X train in picking skills. I have 10 ranks in arcane symbols and have never missed a bug. I gave up shield to get TWC, and I think I am just over 1X in armor, I can hunt in breastplate but am using hauberk right now because I have some enhancive arm and leg greaves I like.