Thread: Girl on Fire Gown

Default Girl on Fire Gown

One of the four gowns that sold during the 2016 GM auction. I had it pocketed at whatever Coraesine event just happened... forest, sprawling city, field, techno rave... It currently holds medium and can be deepened still.

Normal:
    a shoulder-baring ebon lampas gown trailing sephwir-weighted jade silk tippets.
    Fashioned from rich ebon lampas, this fitted gown has a subtle ombre shifting to deep midnight green at the hem, enhancing the faint gloss of its brocaded tonal pattern. The stiff neckline dips modestly in front before rising slightly past the shoulders. Jade silk tippets, corset-laced from elbow to shoulder, match the lining of the floor-sweeping sleeves.

On Fire:
    A coruscating shoulder-baring ebon lampas gown sheathed in ethereal green flame
    Rich ebon lampas is the canvas for myriad ripples of ethereal green flame that feverishly devour the elegant lines of the fitted gown from off-shoulder neckline to sweeping hem. Tendrils of angry fire fitfully trail the neckline, flaring up in a coronal effect, then slowly lick downward along the fitted bodice to tease the pointed waistline with languid strokes. Inbetwixt the heavy folds of the lampas skirt, ethereal flames writhe along the valleys to collect in roiling waves along the hem.

Current Fire Color: Foxfire green

Using any fire spell, you can light the gown on fire where it will have a fair number of ambient scrips.

VERB TRAPS:

Lighting the gown:
    You gesture at a shoulder-baring ebon lampas gown trailing sephwir-weighted jade silk tippets.
    As the flames break upon the ebon lampas gown, the fire is absorbed into the fabric, each thread subtly backlit by a fiery glow. In a rush that causes the air to distort, foxfire green flames erupt and race to cover the garment in a cloak of living fire as A coruscating shoulder-baring ebon lampas gown sheathed in ethereal green flame is revealed.

Snuffing the gown:
    With faint whispers like the dying of embers in a forgotten hearth, the foxfire green flames recede into the fabric of your ebon lampas gown, leaving naught behind but the subtlest ghost of smoke in the air.

TURN
    1st: Elbows bent and hands raised in display, you give a lengthy turn, and the flaming skirt of your ebon lampas gown twists at your hips before flaring out in waves of foxfire green fire to the hem. As your skirt stills, the flames continue to crawl amidst the folds.
    3rd:Elbows bent and hands raised in display, XXX gives a lengthy turn, and the flaming skirt of his ebon lampas gown twists at her hips before flaring out in waves of foxfire green fire to the hem. As her skirt stills, the flames continue to crawl amidst the folds.

PULL
    1st: Hooking two fingers discreetly in the excess fabric of your ebon lampas gown, you give it the subtlest tug, causing the skirt to sway and foxfire green flames to crawl over the fabric in undulating tendrils.
    3rd: A gentle touch from XXX causes the fabric of her skirt to sway as foxfire green flames crawl over the fabric in undulating tendrils.

PUSH
    1st: You stiffly smooth your hands over the bodice of your ebon lampas gown, the foxfire green flames darkening under your touch, before resting them firmly on your hips. Each irritated tap of your finger against your waist ignites a spark that streaks tendrils of flame long your skir
    3rd: XXX smoothes her hands over the bodice of her ebon lampas gown, the foxfire green flames darkening under her touch, before resting them firmly on her hips. Sparks ignite with each irritated tap of her finger against her waist, and tendrils of flame streak along her skirt.

TICKLE
    1st: Thoughfully, your fingers skip along the bodice of your ebon lampas gown, giving birth to tiny whorls of foxfire green flame with each touch as your hand comes to rest on your waist. The staccato rhymth of your tapping finger sends those coils of fire down the folds of your skirt.
    3rd: XXX's fingers skip along the bodice of her ebon lampas gown, giving birth to tiny whorls of foxfire green flame with each touch as her hand comes to rest at her waist. The staccato rhymth tapped out by a single finger sends those coils of fire down the folds of his skirt as he seems lost in thought.

WAVE
    1st: Taking each side of your skirt in hand, you swish the foxfire green fire-drenched fabric of your ebon lampas gown back and forth, casting an effluence of sparks into the air accompanied by a whisper like that of a candle flame whipped by the wind.
    3rd: Taking each side of her skirt in hand, XXX swishes the foxfire green fire-drenched fabric of her ebon lampas gown back and forth, casting an effluence of sparks into the air accompanied by a whisper like that of a candle flame whipped by the wind.

SHAKE
    1st: You briskly ruffle your hands through the excess fabric of your skirt, and threads of foxfire green flame chased by tiny sparks encricle your wrists before retreating again to the fabric of your ebon lampas gown.
    3rd: XXX briskly ruffles her hands through the excess fabric of her skirt, and threads of foxfire green flame chased by tiny sparks encircle her wrists before retreating again to the fabric of her ebon lampas gown.

SASHAY
    1st: You take a few sashaying steps forward playfully, causing your fire-sheathed skirt to sway to and fro from your hips. Fingers of foxfire green flame tease the air about you, lashed back and forth by your exaggerated sauntering.
    3rd: XXX takes a few sashaying steps forward, causing her fire-sheathed skirt to sway to and fro from her hips. Fingers of foxfire green flame tease the air about her, lashed back and forth by her exaggerated sauntering.

RUB
    1st: You make a cursory account of yourself, brushing your hands across the bodice of your ebon lampas gown, eliciting ribbons of foxfire green flame that trail your fingers to your skirt. The excess fabric falls in perfect folds, and with an artful flick of your wrist, you cast out the flames, which engulf your skirt in a whispering rush of fire.
    3rd: XXX brushes her hands across the bodice of her ebon lampas gown, eliciting ribbons of foxfire green flame that trail her fingers to her skirt. The excess fabric falls in perfect folds, and with an artful flick of her wrist, she casts out the flames, which engulf her skirt in a whispering rush of fire.

AMBIENTS:

I don't have a full list of these, but here are a couple I have seen.

1st: A cacophony of whispers rise around you, a faint sizzling, moments before foxfire green flames errupt from your ebon lampas gown, sheathing you in flame from head to toe. The stirring air tugs gently at your hair before slowly dying, along with the flames.
    3rd: A cacophony of whispers rise around moments before foxfire green flames errupt from his ebon lampas gown, sheathing him in flame from head to toe. The stirring air tugs gently at his hair before slowly dying, along with the flames.

1st: Like embers trapped beneath the grating of a brazier, the foxfire green flames held hostage within the fabric of your ebon lampas gown fitfully brighten and dim with a slow but insistent rhythm.
    3rd: Like embers trapped beneath the grating of a brazier, the foxfire green flames held hostage within the fabric of XXX's ebon lampas gown fitfully brighten and dim with a slow but insistent rhythm.

ANALYZE:

You analyze your ebon lampas gown and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:

This ebon lampas gown will react to fiery spells being cast at it and transform into a fiery gown!
    While in this state it has ambient messaging.
    Verbs: TURN, PULL, PUSH, TICKLE, WAVE, SHAKE, SASHAY, and RUB.

It is fully alterable, but the fabric form must remain actual fabric. The fiery form is also alterable, and the on-fire description (long and show) can make reference to the gown being on fire.

When altering gowns, please keep in mind that the messaging references a long, full skirt. Accordingly, these pieces should NOT be altered to have short/tight/fitted skirts. Also, anything that resembles a sheath dress is not appropriate for this gown.

The flame color may also be customized. There's more room than the traditional 15, so color descriptions needn't be one word
    only, but let's keep it reasonable. "Azure and silver" = Okay. "Gold-hearted scarlet" = Okay.
    Brightly luminescent absinthe green-tinged aquamarine and cerulean = Too much. Exercise common sense!

CURRENT SETTINGS:
    Normal dress: a shoulder-baring ebon lampas gown trailing sephwir-weighted jade silk tippets
    Show of normal dress: Fashioned from rich ebon lampas, this fitted gown has a subtle ombre shifting to deep midnight green at the hem, enhancing the faint gloss of its brocaded tonal pattern. The stiff neckline dips modestly in front before rising slightly past the shoulders. Jade silk tippets, corset-laced from elbow to shoulder, match the lining of the floor-sweeping sleeves.

On Fire dress: A coruscating shoulder-baring ebon lampas gown sheathed in ethereal green flame
    Show of On Fire dress: Rich ebon lampas is the canvas for myriad ripples of ethereal green flame that feverishly devour the elegant lines of the fitted gown from off-shoulder neckline to sweeping hem. Tendrils of angry fire fitfully trail the neckline, flaring up in a coronal effect, then slowly lick downward along the fitted bodice to tease the pointed waistline with languid strokes. Inbetwixt the heavy folds of the lampas skirt, ethereal flames writhe along the valleys to collect in roiling waves along the hem.

Flame color: foxfire green

You can tell that the gown is as light as it can get, but you might be able to have a talented merchant deepen its pockets for you.

You see 1 Commencement of Coraesine Forest stamp upon the gown.

MB: 78m
    BO: SOLD to the very, very, oh so lovely, Miss Lylia!

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out. I'm available via PM here or on discord at Riend #5114.
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 06-12-2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Reworked the MB math cause math is hard.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Just wanted to say this is a very cool item, I had no idea things like this even existed in the game. Thank you for posting such detailed descriptions to read for those of us who are still a long ways away from affording such things

Quote Originally Posted by Aeith View Post
    Just wanted to say this is a very cool item, I had no idea things like this even existed in the game. Thank you for posting such detailed descriptions to read for those of us who are still a long ways away from affording such things
    It's a beautiful gown and I'm grateful to have had a chance to own it... but I don't use it enough to warrant having it sit in a locker. I know it's going to the best hands I could have hoped and that makes me very happy. =)
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

You ladies and your gowns.. 100m, sheesh.

Why? Because racecar.

I can't wait to see Lylia wear this

Quote Originally Posted by Maylan View Post
    I can't wait to see Lylia wear this
    If anyone will do it justice, it's definitely her. =)

Agreed!
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--