Thread: Favor Farm / Voln Ranks

Default Favor Farm / Voln Ranks

If I had a newer character that wanted to master Voln, is it faster to "ride-along" with a higher level character and witness kills, vs killing them myself? The wiki doesn't break down any favor formulas, so I have no idea how much the witness credit is vs the kill credit. Also, if I could contribute any amount of damage, do you get full favor or only partial favor for a kill?

In this case, say kill level 30 critters myself, or watch someone kill level 40 critters? Their TTK will be much faster than my own because it's under-hunting for them, but safe for me to ride-along.
    Last edited by Maerit; 06-11-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    If I had a newer character that wanted to master Voln, is it faster to "ride-along" with a higher level character and witness kills, vs killing them myself? The wiki doesn't break down any favor formulas, so I have no idea how much the witness credit is vs the kill credit. Also, if I could contribute any amount of damage, do you get full favor or only partial favor for a kill?

In this case, say kill level 30 critters myself, or watch someone kill level 40 critters? Their TTK will be much faster than my own because it's under-hunting for them, but safe for me to ride-along.
    This is from the wiki:

https://gswiki.play.net/Favor
    round up((Character Level ÷ 15) × creature level) = Units of Favor
    Note: This formula assumes a solo kill on a freshly genned undead. Less favor is gained when either observing the release or partially contributing to the kill.

Voln masters receive 30% and non-masters 20% favor when observing the release of an undead but not contributing any damage. It is not necessary to be grouped with the character/s who are actually doing the damage. It is also not necessary for the releaser to be a Voln member.

Example: A voln master, level 40, observes the release of a level 15 wraith. If the voln master had killed the creature solo, he/she would have gained (40 ÷ 15) × 15 = 40 favor. By just observing another character release the undead, he/she gains 40 × .30 = 12 favor. A level 40 non-master would have gained 40 × .20 = 8 favor.
    Voln is pretty fast and easy to do solo anyway. If you start as soon as you're able to join, you'll probably master in your early 20's.
    Last edited by Taernath; 06-11-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Ok, so witnessing a kill does not scale with the creature level, but only gives a flat favor amount by character level?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Ok, so witnessing a kill does not scale with the creature level, but only gives a flat favor amount by character level?
    It scales with creature level.

Level 30 watching a level 100 creature die:
    ((30/15)100).20 = 40 favor

Level 30 watching a level 50 creature die:
    ((30/15)50).20 = 20 favor
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I think I found the happy median. Under-hunting level 20-23 critters gives me 44 favor with 1/2 the TTK vs hunting like-level critters that gave around 72-75 favor. It definitely takes this character longer than my previous hunting character because he's just slower at killing undead.