Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'll see your parasite and raise you a sprite (Sprite Weapons Teaser)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You would have to be trying to get that low. And it's still probably not possible to go that low before your next pulse.
    The only time I've ever been that low was with an Empath. It was put in to prevent healing abuse. It is possible other ways, but you have to really try.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They also drain you of health/mana on drawing them and on a flare, with flare drainings ending and the ability to absorb stuff back only starting at T2. Unless you have a health/mana battery they are supremely annoying at low tier.
    This is true, but damaging script flares are not easy to come by in useful forms, and have restrictions as well. Blink = 400k bs no bows or UAC. Ironwright = 250k(?) take both slots and make the weapon no longer enchantable. KO = 100k bs and only for crush weapons. Greater flares are 40k, and use both slots making them non blessable as well as unenchantable if you use anything other than a common flare type. You can't buy the nervestaff flares ATM, but they were only for runestaves.

So getting a script flare for 10-15k BS isn't really a bad deal because it's an awesome project piece that can really become powerful. Especially since the flare rate goes up to 30% after being fully unlocked. An ensorcelled parasite weapon will return all the health lost anyway, and mana draining weapon should be manageable too.
    Last edited by Maerit; 06-23-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Ironwright is 175k and I don’t believe it takes up the flare slot not entirely sure.
    Not directly, but it requires the flare slot to be open. So for the purposes of this conversation, it effectively takes up the flare slot.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Not directly, but it requires the flare slot to be open. So for the purposes of this conversation, it effectively takes up the flare slot.
    This.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

GM confirmed that every affinity level gained increases the flare damage (not rate necessarily) by changing the damage range. That is why T0-T1 is an upgrade.

Has anyone kept track of the flares during their affinity training to get a gauge on how the damage range is modified as you gain affinity? That would be interesting to see.

6. Default

"Has anyone kept track of the flares during their affinity training to get a gauge on how the damage range is modified as you gain affinity? "

No, but I am going to cynically guess that max affinity is equal to normal slash flares and everything that is less than max affinity is down from there. Proving that guess wrong would be a good starting point (it requires of course that someone kept a log of the best flares resulting from a normal slash flaring weapon).

Also, I would assume that the parasite has the 25% scripted flare rate, which would be better than the 20% flare rate for normal slash flares, so theres that even if the max affinity flares are no more powerful.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 06-25-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Blog Entries

Anecdote: I had a T1 for a while, the flares were pretty trash, probably worse than a drake weapon.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Anecdote: I had a T1 for a while, the flares were pretty trash, probably worse than a drake weapon.
    Well, that seems odd. I have T0 parasite gloves that I just purchased. The flare power is a little weak yet (5-35 is the range I've witnessed), but they're flaring more frequently than my sonic cestus on jab/punch/grapple. So frequently, that I can't finish a hunt without having to heal down all the HP damage.