Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Bake me a cake!!!!

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Good point, I hate having to dress up for a restaurant with a dress code. In the future I will remind them that they must serve all citizens.
    Legally and ethically different concepts.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,713
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Exactly. Religious freedom means you don't have to have a gay marriage. It doesn't mean that you get to discriminate against other people because you don't like how they live *their* lives.
    But you certainly get to discriminate because you don't agree with how they live their lives.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Exactly. Religious freedom means you don't have to have a gay marriage. It doesn't mean that you get to discriminate against other people because you don't like how they live *their* lives.
    There's a distinction here that you are either purposefully not understanding or are too dumb to understand.

    The baker didn't discriminate against PEOPLE, they discriminated against the idea of gay marriage.

    The baker didn't say I won't serve you because you're gay so no birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, congratulation cakes, graduation cakes, or any other cakes for you, cause you're gay!

    The baker said he doesn't want to be forced to make a gay wedding cake, presumably he would tell a straight person he won't make a gay wedding cake for his friend's wedding as well, meaning he's discriminating against making cakes for gay weddings, NOT gay people.

    If you want to argue that this rationale still shouldn't fly in the good ol' US of A, then fine, make that argument. But don't make the situation something it isn't so you have an easier time to win the gold in your oppression Olympics.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-04-2018 at 06:16 PM.

  4. Default

    look who decided to stop lurking cause of some gay cake

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    If your business is a corporation filed with the secretary of state the business needs to serve all citizens.
    Except that's not true. Architects turn down work, contractors turn down work, and lawyers turn down work. A number of lawyers have refused to represent Trump for example. I personally don't buy the idea of turning down work for religious reasons, but blanket "you must serve all people of the state" statements are flat out wrong. Had you added "on religious grounds" I'd probability agree with you, but only because of the slippery slope of allowing a religious exception, and then with some pretty broad restrictions.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    look who decided to stop lurking cause of some gay cake
    Cakes can't be gay, they are inanimate objects and thus have no sexual attraction to anything.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Except that's not true. Architects turn down work, contractors turn down work, and lawyers turn down work. A number of lawyers have refused to represent Trump for example. I personally don't buy the idea of turning down work for religious reasons, but blanket "you must serve all people of the state" statements are flat out wrong. Had you added "on religious grounds" I'd probability agree with you, but only because of the slippery slope of allowing a religious exception, and then with some pretty broad restrictions.
    Good point. The language was a bit strong. I think what he meant was- you have to serve all kinds of people regardless of skin color, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and sexual orientation.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Cakes can't be gay, they are inanimate objects and thus have no sexual attraction to anything.
    They can if they're FABULOOOUUS!!!!!
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Except that's not true. Architects turn down work, contractors turn down work, and lawyers turn down work. A number of lawyers have refused to represent Trump for example. I personally don't buy the idea of turning down work for religious reasons, but blanket "you must serve all people of the state" statements are flat out wrong. Had you added "on religious grounds" I'd probability agree with you, but only because of the slippery slope of allowing a religious exception, and then with some pretty broad restrictions.
    You can add sex and race to that list as well. You can't refuse to do work for someone because they are whatever...

    Honestly, the only time I refuse to do work if the people are too cheap and the job is too much of a pain in the ass for what they will pay me to do it.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    horrific state of conditions = the biggest election win in 40 decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You can add sex and race to that list as well. You can't refuse to do work for someone because they are whatever...

    Honestly, the only time I refuse to do work if the people are too cheap and the job is too much of a pain in the ass for what they will pay me to do it.
    That's how i typically see it too. Or if I'm too busy to do good work for someone. I've done work for a mosque, and for an Islamic day care. I felt a little weird working on a mosque as a Christian, but hey, all God's children deserve code compliant egress.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •