Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Not Mess with Congressman Michael Grimm

Exclamation Do Not Mess with Congressman Michael Grimm

If you do, he'll break you in half and throw you off a balcony. And he won't apologize for it either.

A reporter started to ask New York Republican Congressman Michael Grimm about campaign finance investigations after the State of the Union last night. Grimm understood that it should be about the State of the Union and declined to answer.

"So Congressman Michael Grimm does not want to talk about some of the allegations concerning his campaign finances," Scotto said before tossing back to the station. But as the camera continued to roll, Grimm walked back up to Scotto and began speaking to him in a low voice.

"What?" Scotto responded. "I just wanted to ask you..."

Grimm: "Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this f-----g balcony."

Scotto: "Why? I just wanted to ask you..."

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: "If you ever do that to me again..."

Scotto: "Why? Why? It’s a valid question."

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: "No, no, you're not man enough, you're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."

Grimm released a statement following the incident.

"I was extremely annoyed because I was doing NY1 a favor by rushing to do their interview first in lieu of several other requests. The reporter knew that I was in a hurry and was only there to comment on the State of the Union, but insisted on taking a disrespectful and cheap shot at the end of the interview, because I did not have time to speak off-topic. I verbally took the reporter to task and told him off, because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect, especially when I go out of my way to do that reporter a favor. I doubt that I am the first Member of Congress to tell off a reporter, and I am sure I won’t be the last," reads the statement.

More...
    There's video at the link. That reporter looked genuinely scared.

This is not the first -- or second, or even third -- time that Congressman Grimm has bee the subject of one of my posts..
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

I'll break you in half. Like a boy.
    Awkward choice of wording.

Alternate thread title: Congressman completely messes up Rocky IV quote
    Last edited by Taernath; 01-29-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Guys, I'm just asking the question, but should we have an elected official who openly identifies with a Communist superman? Especially one who doesn't even honor his allegiance to said Communists, but fights for himself? FOR HIMSELF?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Guys, I'm just asking the question, but should we have an elected official who openly identifies with a Communist superman?
    As long as said elected official is not a woman then yes.

Following Michael Grimm's breakdown last night, the Daily Beast put together this collection of videos of politicians losing their tempers..

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/29/when-politicos-attack-six-biggest-on-camera-blow-ups.html

Grimm has since apologized. He said he lost his temper because of Hurricane Sandy.

Updated article.

I love that part of this story is that the reporter has said he won't press charges. Reporter 2 Grimm 0

I don't think a crime was committed though so what would he press charges for?

I'm not saying the guy wasn't acting like a douche, just saying I don't think acting like a douche = crime. Although to be fair it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I don't think a crime was committed though so what would he press charges for?

I'm not saying the guy wasn't acting like a douche, just saying I don't think acting like a douche = crime. Although to be fair it should be.
    Probably assault. Something like that. Even if there is no real crime to accuse him of, it's a masterful move on the part of the reporter (and it may not even be a move, but more that he just answered a question another reporter asked him) to take put it out there.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...#axzz2rqK5m08r
    Last edited by cwolff; 01-29-2014 at 09:16 PM.

How about this famous interview from 2007? The interviewee is James Oddo, Republican councilman of Staten Island.

Warning - Lots of profanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1iNH7W9SC8

Councilman Oddo received attention[3] when a video of the councilman appeared on YouTube around October 5, 2007.[4] In the video clip, Oddo is shown being interviewed by a film crew from the Norwegian comedy show Rikets røst (meaning "Voice of the Nation"), a show similar to The Colbert Report. The comedians had gained entry to councilman Oddo's office by posing as TV journalists who wanted to get the view of a Republican on the upcoming U.S. presidential election.

More...