Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Bake me a cake!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    2,673

    Default Bake me a cake!!!!

    The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the baker!!! Preserving the first amendment was protected today.

  2. #2

    Default

    ROFL

    Didn't bother reading the decision, did we?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    ROFL

    Didn't bother reading the decision, did we?
    Yeah, that particular instance with that particular baker is all that is affected. It has no bearing on future cases.

  4. #4

    Default

    Masterpiece Cakeshop Incorporated has been registered with the CO Secretary of State since 1992. masterpiece cakeshop.jpg With the current court makeup I'm assuming my position is in the minority but here it is. If you are a corporation registered in this state you must serve all members of the state. If you're an artist with a religious persuasion that influences your art, then you need to file a different type of structure. Perhaps a non-profit or a church.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Masterpiece Cakeshop Incorporated has been registered with the CO Secretary of State since 1992. masterpiece cakeshop.jpg With the current court makeup I'm assuming my position is in the minority but here it is. If you are a corporation registered in this state you must serve all members of the state. If you're an artist with a religious persuasion that influences your art, then you need to file a different type of structure. Perhaps a non-profit or a church.
    I suppose you know better than the SCOTUS... I'm going with your take on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Masterpiece Cakeshop Incorporated has been registered with the CO Secretary of State since 1992. masterpiece cakeshop.jpg With the current court makeup I'm assuming my position is in the minority but here it is. If you are a corporation registered in this state you must serve all members of the state. If you're an artist with a religious persuasion that influences your art, then you need to file a different type of structure. Perhaps a non-profit or a church.
    Why should an artist file as a nonprofit? I own 2 businesses, one of which is licensed to work in two different states. I myself am licensed to work in a third state. It's already a giant PITA that people need to get licensed to work in different states, let's not add another burden to that process.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Why should an artist file as a nonprofit? I own 2 businesses, one of which is licensed to work in two different states. I myself am licensed to work in a third state. It's already a giant PITA that people need to get licensed to work in different states, let's not add another burden to that process.
    If your business is a corporation filed with the secretary of state the business needs to serve all citizens.
    Last edited by cwolff; 06-04-2018 at 05:10 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    If your business is a corporation filed with the secretary of state the business needs to serve all citizens.
    So, in your mind, if your business only caters to a portion of the population and not every single individual, you need a special license to operate it as a business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    15,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    If your business is a corporation filed with the secretary of state the business needs to serve all citizens.
    Good point, I hate having to dress up for a restaurant with a dress code. In the future I will remind them that they must serve all citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    If your business is a corporation filed with the secretary of state the business needs to serve all citizens.
    Exactly. Religious freedom means you don't have to have a gay marriage. It doesn't mean that you get to discriminate against other people because you don't like how they live *their* lives.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •