Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help altering a Helm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help altering a Helm

Hey guys, I'm having a helm worked on for me, and ever since I had flares added to my full plate, I've had to put my warhelm in the locker because I'm hunting critters that just collapse to the ground when I use CMAN HEADBUTT.

The description of my helm is a copper-horned orcish warhelm

Its show is as follows:

Cheap diopsides encircle the base of the neglected and unpolished yet very pointy horns. They have been melted to the helm's surface, where the once-boiling metal created a sloppy vein-like pattern. The helm itself, made of vultite, seems to be painted an off-copper, the color of cheap cooking pots. Etched along each horn are the words 'The Second Age of Chaos is Upon Us' in crude but legible Common. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the warhelm.

Alright, so when I get my new helm back I was hoping that you guys could *please* help me with any sort of idea for an alter. I've got, like, writer's block.

So, first and foremost, the helm is spiked – I don't know if that has to be shown after it's altered. The second thing is its made out of vultite (which is in its current description) and I don't know if merchants have to keep that visible in the 15/15/15. I want something, like, a big copper-horned/spiked kettle hat with a really bitchin’ show (I am trying to make inventory not = screen scroll) that you guys could help me out with!

Okay, thank you! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    https://youtu.be/CYTQENjz928

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaann View Post
    lol. That was magnificent (I am familiar with the 15/15/15 rule but that was cool to watch [I would be way to shy and uncertain to put up my own YouTube GemStone-related video.])

If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. For real.

6. Default

So, my understanding is that anything that is mechanically spiked has to have it somewhere in the description. The metal does not generally have to be shown in the item description unless you want it that way. It's a trick I use often to help items "match" because most merchants will not change the metal into another one.

Anyway, here's an idea I just thought of on the fly:

an imposing spiked kettle hat

Myriad dents and scratches mar the copper-painted surface of the kettle hat. The helm is decorated along its base with wholly unremarkable diopsides, its paint chipping in numerous places to betray the tell-tale bluish grey hue of the vultite underneath. Atop its high crown rests a prominent, extremely sharp spike which is flanked at either side by a pair of equally tall, sinuously curved horns.

I hope that's close to what you're looking for or at least a good starting point!
    Last edited by Teveriel; 06-04-2018 at 05:32 PM.

I thought it worked opposite. Mechanical spikes don’t have to say spikes, but they don’t like to add “spikes” into a description if an item DOESNT have mechanical spikes.

I don’t believe spike merchants ever include alters to include the new spikes, and my spiked, flaring, vultite fusion shields description is “a greatshield”
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

8. Default

It could've been the merchant, but I distinctly remember trying to alter the "spikes" out of the description of some armor that was spiked and the merchant refusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    It could've been the merchant, but I distinctly remember trying to alter the "spikes" out of the description of some armor that was spiked and the merchant refusing.
    This was my understanding as well. Also, a lot of thanks with your idea

I am still looking for help with this!