Thread: My life has been a whirlwind these past few weeks

Default My life has been a whirlwind these past few weeks

I know some of you were aware of more inner workings of my life such as the health of my mother. She had Stage 4 melanoma for a while now and underwent various treatments over the time including chemo TIL transfusion, Keytruda etc.

A short bit back her health seemed to turn for the better and the majority of the cancer was clear and should be clear after the last surgery. Things then got bad and the cancer moved to her stomach and became progressively worse. Fluid build up caused her to visit the hospital numerous times for draining a and finally receive a permanent drain.

I was fortunate enough to visit her May 5th with her only grandson for the week up until mother’s day, which was one of the best things i could have done for her as she was very happy and lit up the moment we arrived. Leaving her Sunday afternoon on mother’s day was emotional as she didn’t want us to leave or see her grandson go knowing just how sick she has been getting. After leaving, her health deteriorated apparently and I had made plans to come back and visit her yesterday for the weekend. The last we spoke was on Tuesday when arranging my travel plans from the airport to her house with her landlord who was also an Uber driver.

Fast forward to Thursday the day before flying out to see her. Unfortunately I was at work while I got the call that she had passed in the am. I feel as if her seeing her grandson and I was finally the closure she wanted before succumbing to the cancer as a lot of people do who are ill it seems. Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life, knowing that I was initially planning on flying down to see my mother possibly one last time as she only had maybe weeks left but passed unexpectedly the day prior.

If you’re curious to read about her the obituary is currently online at the cremation website. We are currently in the process of finalizing her foundation to be its own proper entity to thanks to the aid of my well connect uncle but currently it is only legally setup as a fund.

https://baldwincremation.com/obituaries/susan-e-cloer/

For anyone who has never had anyone close to them pass at a young age, please be sure to cherish what time you spend with them and make the best out of it that you can. I’m grateful for the time I recently spent with my mother and son in Florida, knowing well just how happy she was that week no matter how much pain she may have been in and hiding it from all of us

I am so sorry to hear what you and your family have been going through. I can't imagine the pain, but just keep focusing on getting through the next day. Eventually- slowly- it will get better.

Yeah things will get better. Just gotta focus on the positive of it all and know she was so happy that other week I came down. My father will take time to recover but he’s gotten better.

It’s scary at how fast things can happen. If I put a pic up of her from when I arrived back in May you’d never think she was that sick