Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    So the guys who preordered will be running around in power armor with nuclear launch codes while everyone else is trying to duct tape together a pipe rifle? ROFL this fucking game, man
    Yes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Final nail in the coffin:

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof...bethesda_net/1

Fallout 76 won't be released on Steam - PC version will be exclusive to Bethesda.net

Bethesda has officially confirmed that Fallout 76 will not be released on Steam, and will instead release as a store exclusive on the publisher's standalone Bethesda.net storefront.

In the company's Fallout 76 B.E.T.A (Break-it Early Test Application), Bethesda plans to offer players access to the full game and allow their progress to be transferred to the entire game at launch. B.E.T.A access is guaranteed for all players who pre-order the game on the PlayStation Store, the Xbox One Store and on Bethesda.net.

Beta Access will be granted to Xbox One players first, followed by other platforms. At this time, Bethesda has not revealed when the game's beta will launch. This makes Fallout 76's B.E.T.A feel more like Early Access than a traditional Beta, given its paid for nature and included content.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Ugh, yeah. I don't like all these companies creating their own clients. They use steam for every other game, it works great.

Blog Entries

I've been taking a perverse interest in watching FO76 get savaged in the reviews. Critics have it at ~5.0, while user reviews are ~2.8 on Meatcritic. It was so bad that it even went on a 33% sale for Black Friday, only a couple of weeks after launch.

Jeff Gerstmann from Giantbomb said in a recent podcast:
    “No one on staff wants to play anymore of this videogame. I’m not going to subject myself to another 20-30 hours of this [expletive] mess to just put a number on it. My number is ‘Don’t play this game’.”

I hope Bethesda takes this as a lesson when developing the next Elder Scrolls and future Fallout installments.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Haha, I'm glad it is turning out like this. I know they pissed off the Fallout fans by making it only online.

I hope Bethesda takes this as a lesson when developing the next Elder Scrolls and future Fallout installments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Oh, it is hurting them in the only place that they care about. Their penis. I mean, pocket book.1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Haha, I'm glad it is turning out like this. I know they pissed off the Fallout fans by making it only online.
    The online thing is only part of it, and I think it would have been largely expected/forgiven if it had decent co-op, but it doesn't. It's funny how off we were about our griefing concerns too, they really went the opposite direction by making pvp nearly impossible and with literally no incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    A gril can dream.

A gril can dream.
    Do you guys not have phones?

10. Default

It really is a shame about Fallout 76. I was wary of it to start with when it was announced, thinking it was just going to be another sandbox pvp game in the same vein as Rust. Those seem to be popping up everywhere and the trend is already on the way out.

Unfortunately, seeing what it actually is, basically all those same things but without the charm of the Fallout atmosphere, is somehow worse. The NPCs make fallout. Sure, the scenery is nice, but it's only half of the world. You can't just program half the world and say "make the other 50% up and fill the void with random online FPS players".

Who would ever think that was a good idea, and who failed to stop them? Seems like both Blizzard and Bethesda are going full George Lucas lately.