Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 76

1. Default

Guys it's okay. It's one of the BEST COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS they've ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is like they just set out to make the worst gaming experience possible. When their next game launches and doesn't completely suck it will be hailed as a masterpiece.
    At this point they could release the framework of a game and still have people defend them.
    Last edited by Astray; 11-29-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Found this in that account's other patchnote posts:

Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
    Like how does that even get in game, damn.

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Delete that before Wyrom gets ideas.

5. Default

I think we're missing the real coverup here. It's a conspiracy. Clearly, Blizzard had a sleeper agent implanted at Bethesda to be utilized only in some sort of stock-doomsday scenario. The keyphrase was hearing Bethesda held up as an example of how to announce a side game correctly when people compared Diablo Immortal to Fallout Shelter's release. The sleeper agent was activated, and Fallout 76's release is what we got as a perfect distraction to let us all forget about Blizzard's giant marketing blunder mere days prior.

Blog Entries

Found this in that account's other patchnote posts:

That would have been one of the best trolling weapons ever.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    At this point they could release the framework of a game and still have people defend them.
    I've seen a few people defending it on FB, but honestly, it seems less than other games they've released. Actually, I have probably enjoyed every other game they have released. Some were better than others, some were let downs because you expected more, but I don't think any of their games have ever been horrible. This game might be that. I can't say for sure, because I hate to be overly judgmental on games I've never played, but from everything I'm reading, I can confidently say this games sounds like a bag of smashed assholes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

8. Default

It seems like all the elements of several good games are there, but...they couldn't decide what the game was about, so it's just about...nothing, really. It's like they halfway built it to be Rust, halfway built it to be Destiny, halfway built it to be Fallout...and then took the worst design choices from each and mushed them together into one game. Like they didn't want to alienate anyone and in so doing alienated everyone by accident.

Don't want to alienate people who want to play without pvp? Okay, pvp is now optional but also gives no benefit.
    Don't want to alienate people who want a Fallout game for the story/lore? Okay here's some audio tapes but if you play with friends be prepared to make them stop, wait, and shut up while you sit and read a computer terminal.
    Don't want to alienate people who want a fun co-op experience? Okay, but let's do it with Fallout/Elder Scrolls' single player combat mechanics, clearly the strongest suit in our games. It's what our customers are familiar with
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-29-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Here, I guess, is the official response from a rep on Reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...oqc/?context=3

DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE CANVAS BAGS???
    So their response is basically the CS rep was 100% correct, but he could have worded in a way that didn't make it look like Bethesda didn't give a shit, even though they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is like they just set out to make the worst gaming experience possible. When their next game launches and doesn't completely suck it will be hailed as a masterpiece.
    I read that elder scrolls 6 will be using the same engine as fallout 76.