Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Officials: Chainspears QoL update

Default Officials: Chainspears QoL update

Wow, never thought I'd see an update for them!

I've spent some significant time with chainspears and giving them some much needed quality of life updates. Here are the bullet points.

• They can now be enchanted to 8x. Keep in mind, if your chainspear has a partial enchant, once it is over +35 it cannot be enchanted.
    • The PULL roundtime has been reduced to a maximum of 3 seconds.
    • The shaft will function for parrying (since polearm users likely parry with the shaft regardless).
    • The chain can support rare materials for alterations.
    • It will now transfer all properties properly to the spear head (creaturebane, ensorcell, weighting, etc).
    • It should properly track bonding and sanctifying (if killed via PULL, it will not track that).
    • Line breaks and a few typos were cleaned up.
    • There is now a comprehensive ANALYZE.
    • The shaft can be fully altered (this was always possible, but instructions are now clear).

With this update, there are some growing pains.

• The spear head (after it's hurled) cannot be fully altered anymore (ANALYZE has the details).
    • Chainspears have proper ensorcell and enchanting penalties due to the nature of the combat script.
    • Chainspears come with a 1200 Premium Point surcharge.

If you notice anything wonky, please post it here.

Wyrom, PM

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, Items and Inventory. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/2292/view/3174

Woah! An extended 5 foot reach in melee combat ... baller!

You carefully inspect your cobalt imflass partisan.

After a careful inspection you determine that a segmented cobalt imflass partisan requires skill in polearms to use effectively. It appears to be a modified spear.

You remember that you registered this item about a minute ago.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of imflass.

>anal part
    You analyze your cobalt imflass partisan and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

The cobalt imflass partisan isp a specially crafted polearm weapon, split into segments that are joined with chain links. When used in melee combat, this will allow the weapon to extend, allowing a reach bonus of up to 5 feet over a standard weapon of the same base. The weapon will also have a standard chance to flare with slash or crush damage when used in this manner.

When the weapon is HURLed, its head will separate from its base, staying tethered via the chained segments holding the weapon together. The shaft of the weapon will will remain in the attacker's hand. After such an attack, the shaft may be PULLed in order to reform the weapon. If the head has been lodged in a creature or player, it will be torn out violently, inflicting unbalance damage.

RP Verb Traps: PULL, TOSS, TURN, WAVE.

Basic alterations to the cobalt imflass partisan are fine, but keep its unique construction in mind when creating its description. The material of the head of the partisan is based on the weapon's material, and should not be changed. The material of the chain of the partisan may be changed to a reasonable metal. Higher rarity may require additional approvals. Only the article and material can be altered with the spear head. The shaft can have a standard alterations applied and have either a long description or show description.

Spear head description:
    an imflass spear head trailed by a thin kelyn chain

Spear shaft description:
    a silvery haon partisan shaft / a silvery haon partisan shaft

The partisan has the following alterable settings:
    Shaft article: a silvery
    Shaft adjective: haon partisan
    Shaft noun: shaft
    Shaft show or long: a silvery haon partisan shaft
    Spear head: imflass
    Chain article a thin
    Chain material: kelyn

You can tell that the partisan is as light as it can get.

Makes me sad I was never able to acquire one for Kips. He's so ingrained in uac now though I don't see it changing anytime soon.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Am I missing something or are there like three of these in the game? Seems a weird thing to devote effort to. Congrats to the 1% I guess.

I think they've released them before in the Duskruin High-End shop. I also believe that they were so buggy that no-one bit the bullet at the price they were being offered at. With the changes, if they make a re-appearance there will definitely be a few people taking the scrip plunge.

I get the feeling these will, in fact, show up at the next DR

Blog Entries

Yeah, I doubt they'd make all these changes if they don't plan to release more.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Damn it. Going to hang onto my fixskill just in case. I really love Kips as UAC and had my eye set on some knockout flares but a chainspear has been a desire of mine for a while.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Chain spears were one of the things we asked for, because Scorpion, but they never really functioned that effectively. I think it's great that he put the effort into making them better.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Chain spears were one of the things we asked for, because Scorpion, but they never really functioned that effectively. I think it's great that he put the effort into making them better.
    You are required to yell "Get over here!" prior to every usage.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam