Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imperator: Rome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Thanks guy, I'm a HUGE fan of roman History and I really love those kind of managing game. But with your critics and from what I read, I won't buy that piece of crap.
    It is worth buying if you have no EU games. It'll only get better too.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Paradox games generally have a fairly rough start because they make sure the base game is working well before they release it, unlike most other publishers. They also support their games for years and years with content expansions, both free and paid, that build on top of that solid but probably fairly barebones system on release.

If you like the style of game, and you like the period it's based on, you will like the game as it evolves. Also try EU4, Hearts of Iron IV, CK2, and Stellaris if you're looking for more fleshed out games in the same vein while you wait for expansions/updates.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-10-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Paradox games generally have a fairly rough start because they make sure the base game is working well before they release it, unlike most other publishers. They also support their games for years and years with content expansions, both free and paid, that build on top of that solid but probably fairly barebones system on release.
    I've played EU4, Stellaris, and HoI4 on release, CK2 maybe two months after release, and all were what I'd call 'fun'. Certainly they were missing features that came later, but even then I'd still play and recommend them in their vanilla state. Imperator is different. It's a... passable map painting simulator, but with no character. The UI is terrible, too. So much info that previous Paradox games have trained me to look for is buried under multiple menus or hidden in other non-intuitive ways. There's no reason for that, the games aren't made in a vacuum.

I'm sure it'll get better, but damn, I'm really disappointed in this one.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.