Thread: Suggestions Similar to Zelda BOTW

Default Suggestions Similar to Zelda BOTW

I'm not much of a console gamer, but I really liked Zelda: Breath of the Wild and I'd really like to find games that are somewhat similar. Anything I know about gaming I either learn of from PC or from my 13 yo.

Could anyone recommend something similar? The things I really liked about Zelda and what I'd want in something similar is:

1. I really liked the large open world concept.
    2. I like fantasy as it pertains to elves, dragons, magic, hunting, etc. I'm not in to zombie stuff, military stuff, post apocalyptic stuff, games based in cities, etc. It doesn't have to mimic Zelda/GS/LOTR exactly, but it should be something similar.
    3. I don't want anything that requires an online presence for console games. I prefer just simple story line based games.
    4. I like building my character with skills and working towards goals, much like GS but just console based.
    5. I have an Xbox One S and a Nintendo Switch.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks very much.

Blog Entries

Let's get the big one out of the way first. Have you played Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Let's get the big one out of the way first. Have you played Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
    I've played nothing on console other than BOTW. Other than GS, BOTW was my first foray back into console gaming (other than random fun Nintendo games) since 2000. As it's been so long, I could research ideas but I'd probably have zero idea what to even really look for. I don't want anyone to think I'm lazy, I just really have no clue.

Blog Entries

So then yeah, I'd recommend Witcher 3. It's open world, zero online requirements, 'dark' fantasy, and very well done in my opinion. It's also very cheap since it's been out for a while. Only things are the story will be a hard to get into since it builds off the previous ones, and it does have some sex/nudity if that's something you're trying to avoid.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy 15 might be worth checking out. Not Tolkien fantasy, but checks off all the other boxes.

You might also like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Skyrim.

Octopath Traveller on the switch, made by Square Enix very classic RPG, level-based with multi-classing.

As others, I'd highly recommend the Witcher 3 choice, Skyrim is good as well. Shadow of Mordor is on my list of upcoming games to play once I finish rounding out God of War 4.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

8. Default

Assassin's Creed Origins or Odyssey, take your pick. Ancient Egypt or Ancient Greece. Both have massive worlds to explore and, while not strictly fantasy, Odyssey in particular has a surprising number of fantasy elements.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."