Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imperator: Rome

Blog Entries

Default Imperator: Rome

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I wonder if this is anything like EU: Rome? Honestly given how feature complete EU4 and CK2 are I'm not too excited for another grand strat set earlier.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I wonder if this is anything like EU: Rome? Honestly given how feature complete EU4 and CK2 are I'm not too excited for another grand strat set earlier.
    It looks like a modern version, but it'll obviously have Rome centric things like Senate and all that. Perhaps you'll even beable to trait out Legions and all that. It is my favorite time period in history, so yeah, I'm excited for it.

I'd love to see it as a mixing between CK2 and EU4, where you're the state, but you still have families and such to control.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-19-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Looks like you can decide what cohorts are composed of. Bunch of other buttons too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'd love to see it as a mixing between CK2 and EU4, where you're the state, but you still have families and such to control.
    So a feudal government with no gavelkind or council powers? That's pretty much what everyone gravitates toward in most CK2 runs.

Looks like you can decide what cohorts are composed of. Bunch of other buttons too.
    That's just bog standard Paradox army management. It's exactly like that in CK2, just replace the velites with light infantry.

I also see the mil/dip/adm mana at the top with maybe some kind of Imperial Cult thing going on. I really hope there are a bunch of new mechanics in this. Bringing in some kind of Hearts of Iron supply and movement mechanic would be a good start.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    So a feudal government with no gavelkind or council powers? That's pretty much what everyone gravitates toward in most CK2 runs.

No, where you can control the families and stuff, multiple families... Like the Julii and the Junii and such. Marry them between each other, and to other nations and all that garbage. Perhaps create a new way to take over and vassalize other nations that isn't purely diplomatic or military... Like one of your Roman family lines takes over as that other country's leadership.

Like CK2 in a way, but also like EU4 in that you aren't controlling through the leader of a family.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-19-2018 at 11:11 AM.

7. Default

Blog Entries

ABOUT THIS GAME
    Alexander. Hannibal. Caesar. These great men and dozens like them shaped the destiny of a continent. Mighty kings, clever generals and would-be gods made their mark on the ancient Mediterranean. Around this sea, close knit nations tested their mettle and virtue against each other in fierce combat, their cultural and political legacy now inseparable from what we understand as Western Civilization. But nothing was guaranteed. Can you change the course of history in Imperator: Rome?

Imperator: Rome is the newest grand strategy title from Paradox Development Studio. Set in the tumultuous centuries from Alexander’s Successor Empires in the East to the foundation of the Roman Empire, Imperator: Rome invites you to relive the pageantry and challenges of empire building in the classical era. Manage your population, keep an eye out for treachery, and keep faith with your gods.

Imperator: Rome’s features include:
    Character Management:
    A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
    Diverse Populations:
    Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
    Battle Tactics:
    Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
    Military Traditions:
    Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
    Different Government Types:
    Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
    Barbarians and Rebellions:
    Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
    Trade:
    Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
    Provincial Improvement:
    Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.

Blog Entries

We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.

Blog Entries

WHAT WE KNOW:

-Game starts at 450 AVC (304 B.C) and finishes in 14 A.D
    -The map stretches from Hispania to India and from Scandinavia to Ethiopia, with 7000+ cities to conquer and pillage
    - A pop system similar to Victoria 2, with pops having different cultures, political preferences and religions
    -Units like War Elphants, Chariots, Heavy Cavalry and Legions
    -Characters who can be loyal or disloyal, can start civil wars and much more